Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fall of the year will be here is a few months and time for our annual cook out. Matt has agreed to host it again. So save the date September 16, 2017. It is held in North Myrtle Beach. All are welcome to come.

More details when we near the date, mark your calendar SLK Meet.

This has been a fun turn out in the past. If you are not a member and visiting the area you are welcome to attend. Myrtle Beach in September is a good time to be here, vacation and school age are gone and weather is very good for a lot of top down driving.

Watch the form for update with time and more info.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We are 5 weeks away from the SLK cook out, Saturday September 16, 2017 starting at 12 noon. This has been a fun event in the past. Matt has the club house in his development reserved for us, where we are able to be talk and enjoy each other and do a little tire kicking. Meet new and old SLK owners and share time together. Good times to be at the beach as the summer tourist are gone home. September weather is perfect for top down driving.

The price is $10.00 per person. The hot dogs and burgers and other items will included in the $10.00. The only thing we ask you to bring is your favorite beverage. We will supply everything else for the cook out. If you like to bring a desert would be nice or not required.

Please reply back to me if you plan on attending and the name of anyone that will be attending with you. We need a head count to plan on the amount of food we need to have for the cook out. Please reply back by September 9th. RSVP to [email protected]

The address for your GPS: 1451 Hounds Way, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are 14 days away from the cook out. If you are planning on coming please respond by next Saturday, Sept.9th, that you are coming and if you have a person attending with you. We need a head count to make sure we have the enough food for everyone.

Respond to

[email protected]

Hope to see you on the 16th.

·
Premium Member
11,212 Posts
I find if you create a list & post who is going it encourages people to attend your event. Works for me every time especially if you limit the amount of attendees! That's how I do it, which has worked in the most recent past & present. Somehow when people think they might miss out on an great event they are more willing to make a commitment earlier & attend earlier. That has worked for me in the past.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Due to the hurricane that could be hitting many parts of the Carolina's in the coming week it has been decided to cancel the cook out on the 16th. We are not sure of what conditions will be after the storm is what we are looking at. A year ago hurricane Matthew flooded many roads and trees were down that travel in some areas became impossible. In fact getting to the North Myrtle Beach just about all major roads were under water for several days.

Hope everyone remains safe and have no damage from the storm.

Hope we can have a meet later in the fall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts