Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't here the turn-by-turn directions spoken to me in that lovely female voice during a navigated route.

I've looked at the volume setting on the Head Unit, but all I can do is set the "fade level". I have it set to fade fully, and it does fade the music completely, but the spoken directions are still very faint.

Any clue how to make the spoken directions louder?

Todd

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Read your COMAND manual? Seriously, whenever you hear her talk, just turn up the volume that adjusts the Navigation volume when it's talking. I find it easy to just hit the repeat button a couple of times, and adjust the volume level until I have it where I want it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. Thanks

Read your COMAND manual? Seriously, whenever you hear her talk, just turn up the volume that adjusts the Navigation volume when it's talking. I find it easy to just hit the repeat button a couple of times, and adjust the volume level until I have it where I want it.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
As John stated, hit the + button (volume) on the steering wheel to up the volume when the lady speaks. If you miss her talking, press the RPT button on the dash control, and then hit the + button as she speaks again.

·
Registered
323 Posts
speaking of lovely voice.

On every GPS system its the same voice aka same lady.

And that lady was a guest one time on the Montel William show...her one and only appearance I think
I am sure you can find it online,forgot her name though.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,198 Posts
They had a male voice at one time but the female kept jumping in and interupting him so they got rid of him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.