Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from driving the entire Natchez Trace Parkway from Franklin TN to Natchez MS. This incredible American Scenic Byway is the most pristine piece of pavement I've ever had the pleasure of traversing. Ultra smooth and well maintained, no commercial traffic, no trucks, no commercial signs or annoying billboards. This highway is bound on both sides by incredible scenery. Speed limit is 50 mph and it is strictly enforced, but this is a great top down speed....only met other vehicles every 10-15 miles. :usa:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Many of us, including those (me included) who normally like to burn pavement do no find the leisure pace on the Trace to be "pesky" by any means. There's too much eye candy along the way and too many places to stop and absorb history.

Other than that pesky speed limit thing, sounds like the ideal road. :Beer:

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes....I agree...I enjoy a wide range of speeds. Easy cruising on a road like the Natchez Trace truly gives one a chance to appreciate all the subtlety's of a fine automobile as well as enjoy our wonderful countryside. This highway is absolutely the finest cruising road I have ever been down. Over 400 miles of uninterupted pristine pavement and very little traffic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts