Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if anyone has traversed the Natchez Trace Parkway? If so, any comments/suggestions? This federal scenic byway runs from Nashville TN to Natchez MS. Thought we might make the trip in early spring to get some top down time and collect some sunshine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great drive to take in spring or fall.
Tslick - the speed limit on the trace is 50mph. 2 lane road with no commercial vehicles allowed. If you're lucky, you won't get stuck behind the minivan doing 45.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Is an wonderful drive - not done it in the SLK yet, but many times in the past whilst wandering up towards Graceland! :)

As was mentioned before, speed limit is low, and there are tons of local law enforcement types in impossible to see hiding places with Ka Instant Ticket radar.

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for the responses. Linda and I will be off to start the trip on 4/2. I know that LEO's with Ks and Lasers abound, so we will just cruise easy....hope they are ok with blasting the Beach Boys!

Any specific ideas on things to see or where to stay? Thanks again!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Living in the Nashville area I have been down the Trace several times in both a car and a on a motorcycle. Speed limit is 40 or 45 mph depending on what part of the Trace you are on. Lots of wildlife and on a nice day with the top down would be a really nice ride in an SLK. One does not want to drive it at night though because of all the wildlife and lack of lighting.

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep...my post was from last spring. Natchez Trace is the best highway I've ever driven for relaxed cruising.....and the people we met were all super nice! If anyone is planning a trip for spring...you won't be disappointed with the NT Parkway.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The Trace is a beautiful, well manitained parkway with many scenic vistas and historical points of interest along the way. The Google time calculation is realistic.

Allow time to see Natchez. You will be glad you did.

First I've heard of it, but looks like an fantastic route. I get a chuckle how google map calculates an average speed of 32 mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts