Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not of any great importance this one, but just wondered if anyone has advice?

My car has a nasty GB sticker on the boot... it niggles me... a lot

I don't know how long it's been there... I don't know if it covers something nasty, I don't know if the paint underneath will be a different shade (yes, it will, won't it)

Mostly I don't know how to safely get it off. So much I don't know...

any thoughts?

Paul

·
Registered Looking for an SLK
602 Posts
I must say im with you I hate any stickers (Or company names) anywhere on my car. The rear number plate on mine has a dealers name on the bottom edge I hate it but just not got round to buying a new plate.
Hope you get your GB sticker off ok.

Dave

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hair drier or a kettle of hot water poured over it t cut will remove any glue left behind
thanks for that, and the previous suggestion of a hair dryer

it worked! - yes the sticker came off easily with a little heat, and t-cut removed the glue

spot on then... were it not for the fact that I discovered half way through why the sticker was in such an awkward spot!

a very odd patch of damaged paintwork underneath... darn it!

I am going to start another thread about that... but I actually prefer the damaged paint to the sticker... so, no bad thing, and i can fix it now

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
If it's a minor patch of paint to be repaired, I recommend dr colorchip. If it's a larger surface area I'll defer to the paint experts here ;) Glad that nasty sticker is gone.

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it's a minor patch of paint to be repaired, I recommend dr colorchip. If it's a larger surface area I'll defer to the paint experts here ;) Glad that nasty sticker is gone.
thanks for that advice, I'll look into the dr colorchip product

I need to put some paint on, but I also need to take some lacquer off, started a new thread here...

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Hi, Not to be negative but for me Dr. Color Chip was not amazing at all. Only kinda works and is expensive.

Good luck!
It's definitely situational.. not good for large circular patches..but worked great on my jeep and slk for road rash. I have also attempted to use it on larger sections, and it didn't work well at all on something say the size of a quarter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.