Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It's no secret that NASCAR and Formula 1 are struggling—and generally failing—to retain audience share. There are many reasons for this: formulaic outcomes, predictable (and consequence-free) large-scale crashes, a lack of star power, easier-to-drive race cars, and cars that bear little resemblance to those found on the road. While these top-tier events continue to suffer this downward trend, enthusiasts can turn to the one racing series that continues to display the sights, sounds, and insanity of racing's golden age: the World Rally Championship.

https://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/27758/nascar-is-terrible-and-formula-1-is-boring-start-watching-wrc

·
AND MABEL
14,055 Posts
Always been a big fan of rallying. This is one of my favourite videos and I can watch it over and over. There's jumps. stone dykes, trees, etc., and the road (at times not much wider than the car) varies from dry to puddles and is driven flat out. How the navigator can read his notes (and the road) whilst his head is bouncing about as it is, is beyond me. An awesome drive! :surprise:

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
I’ve been watching rallying since I was a kid and I used to compete in Road events (I could never afford special stage) on roads that we’re very similar to the ones in Davies video. I had a pair of Opel Manta GTEs that we’re both prepared for road events.
The WRC was always great until a few years ago when almost all the manufacturers pulled out and it hasn’t been the same since.
What they need now is an injection of Group B and more manufacturers to enter then it will back to form..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts