Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals
Can anyone advise me where I can find the N10-3 module? Any pictures? Trying to fix my vario roof.
How can I test the hydraulic pump?
I have been through all the posts but could not find a picture.
Many thanks

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,325 Posts
Hi guys and gals
Can anyone advise me where I can find the N10-3 module? Any pictures? Trying to fix my vario roof.
How can I test the hydraulic pump?
I have been through all the posts but could not find a picture.
Many thanks
The Combination Control Module N10-3 is located - on left had drive cars, on the right side of the engine compartment next to the battery. If you wish to send me your email address by private message I can send you a picture of it.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
According to the fuse diagram, the 40A fuse at number 24 in the engine bay is for the hydraulic unit.
What does the red button in the centre console do when pushed?
Do the windows lower?
Does the trunk lid open?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to the fuse diagram, the 40A fuse at number 24 in the engine bay is for the hydraulic unit.
What does the red button in the centre console do when pushed?
Do the windows lower?
Does the trunk lid open?
The windows (both front and rear lower.
The trunk lid can open and the red button remains lit after the trunk is closed - this tells me that S69/7 and S69/8 is not activated?
I don't hear the pump at all. Def. electrical supply issue. no 12v+ at the relay when the switch is activated

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys.
Fixed my problem. Cleaned all the connectors at the K40and CCM. Restored power to the switch:grin:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Does anyone know if this N10/3 CCM is the same for the face lift model. I have a 2002 which I need to some how bypass the boot micro switch that operates when the boot divider is pulled to enable the roof to open.

My problem is that I cant open the boot as lock is seized and now cant open the roof as the divider is not pulled up.

Long story by I did manage to open the boot by opening the roof and then trip the boot lock ,,happy days or so i thought .

Put the roof back up and then accessed my PSE pump but needed to retract the divider. Great so far,,,then I stupidly closed the boot which had locked again. No problem I thought.... I will do the same again but......this time the roof wouldn't open because I hadn't taped down the micro switch . Damn damn and damn again!!!!

Hence my question.

I did find the answer to how to do it but I feel this was for the pre facelift model so the wiring might be different and just needed some confirmation. Its PIN 54 apparently the grey wire with the violet tracer. OMG HELP!!!

Any help would be most grateful

Regards Steve

PS It also said the micro switch S69/10 can be bypassed through the Star Diagnostics... can any body confirm this please? Forum member i860 has be helping me so far but doesn't think his Star has the right programme to do this.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,058 Posts
Does anyone know if this N10/3 CCM is the same for the face lift model. I have a 2002 which I need to some how bypass the boot micro switch that operates when the boot divider is pulled to enable the roof to open.

My problem is that I cant open the boot as lock is seized and now cant open the roof as the divider is not pulled up.

Long story by I did manage to open the boot by opening the roof and then trip the boot lock ,,happy days or so i thought .

Put the roof back up and then accessed my PSE pump but needed to retract the divider. Great so far,,,then I stupidly closed the boot which had locked again. No problem I thought.... I will do the same again but......this time the roof wouldn't open because I hadn't taped down the micro switch . Damn damn and damn again!!!!

Hence my question.

I did find the answer to how to do it but I feel this was for the pre facelift model so the wiring might be different and just needed some confirmation. Its PIN 54 apparently the grey wire with the violet tracer. OMG HELP!!!

Regards Steve

PS It also said the micro switch S69/10 can be bypassed through the Star Diagnostics... can any body confirm this please? Forum member I820 has be helping me so far but doent think his Star has the right programme to do this.
According to my files there is only one wiring diagram for the roof whatever the age of car you have. And yes, S69/10's sole purpose in life is "To connect ground signal through to combination control module (N10-3) when retractable luggage cover is closed in order to release the Vario roof opening/closing function." You are right in that S69/10 connects to pin 54 of N10-3 with a Grey/Violet cable and the microswitch connects between this cable and the W7 ground.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,048 Posts
The pinouts and colors didn't change at the facelift - Pin 54, GYVT is correct. Don't need to disconnect or remove anything - just back-probe and jumper pin 54 to ground.

·
Registered
307 Posts
According to my files there is only one wiring diagram for the roof whatever the age of car you have. And yes, S69/10's sole purpose in life is "To connect ground signal through to combination control module (N10-3) when retractable luggage cover is closed in order to release the Vario roof opening/closing function." You are right in that S69/10 connects to pin 54 of N10-3 with a Grey/Violet cable and the microswitch connects between this cable and the W7 ground.

Thanks for your replies guys. At least it appears I'm on the right track then.

The photo of the wires above is for a left hand drive pre facelift model.

Can anyone help me to narrow down my search for this Grey/Violet cable. I have taken off the cover to the black box next to the battery and I have never seen so many wires tightly packed in all of my life.

There is a long thin container that pulls up right next to the battery. Would it be in this area?

Thanks again
Steve

·
Registered
307 Posts
Boot divider micro switch bypass success

Hence my question.

Regards Steve

PS It also said the micro switch S69/10 can be bypassed through the Star Diagnostics... can any body confirm this please? Forum member i860 has be helping me so far but doesn't think his Star has the right programme to do this.

For any of you that have been following my tales of woe with my seized locks and schoolboy errors, I have some good news to share if anyone has a similar issue in the future of trying to get into the boot by using the vario roof but forgot to put your roof divider screen back in place.

I had picked some of the best Mercedes brains around my area to ask if this micro switch S69/10 could in some way be bypassed to allow the roof to be opened. Lots of sharp intakes of breath and head scratching ensued.

Having done my homework with 'google being by friend' to quote a wise old sage, I knew that the small grey wire with the violet tracer leading to PIN 54 in the N10/3 CCM needed to be grounded. This was way beyond my pay grade.

In steps my hero Martin aka forum member Savcom who very kindly offered to help me and with the precision of a brain surgeon waved his magic electric wands in the direction of PIN 54.

One minute later he called out.....try the roof now!

I pulled back that magic red button we all know and love and ...Bingo... I could hear the familiar sound of motors springing into action as she started to open up.

Needless to say I was a very happy bunny and could now get on with my original task of sorting out my PSE pump.

After a thorough clean up it still doesn't open my central locking but I do now have my dome light working again . lol

So if any of you know a good PSE pump going for a reasonable price please let me know.

So I would like to give a big thanks to Savcom for his time and help with this issue and to Ross aka forum member i860 who has also provided me with his help and assistance too and finally to this forum which provides the vehical for all of us to share our woes and happiness our cars bring us

Cheers Steve

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,058 Posts
To complete the story using Silkie as a model, here is a diagram showing the pinouts of N10-3 and a series of photos showing where N10-3 is located (note Silkie is a RHD car):
N10-3 Pinout.jpg

Under the bonnet beside the battery is a box of electronics that contains N10-3 (together with other components such as the K40)
N10_Location - part 1.jpg

Taking the lid off the box shows a number of modules and one or two wires ...
N10_Location - part 2.jpg

This is N10-3 outlined in green:
N10_Location - part 2 - Annotated.jpg

If you gently tease the wires apart along the centre line on N10-3 you can see the cable you need (you may need to cut the cable tie to get more access):
N10_Pin54.JPG

N10-3 pin 54 is the fourth pin (second wire) from the left on this part of the connector as shown with the arrow:
N10_Pin54 - Annotated.JPG

The 'magic' that I did for @steve pring was to use a multimeter lead to touch the metal connector at the end of the wire in pin location 54 and press the other end to the negative of the battery (you can use the ground point on the wing too). Holding the wire in this position Steve was then able to open the boot using the switch from inside the car to the point that the boot lid was fully open. He could then unlock the boot catch from the inside and pull the luggage cover into place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.