Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning a gathering of SLK's and their owners in the Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, Fayetteville area within the next couple of weeks. We so far have about eight interested candidates. If you want to be included in the get together, please reply to this thread or better yet contact me offlist. Our first meeting will just be to get together to meet and see where we want to go from here.

Len
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not surprised that you moved my post - wished you hadn't because I'm not sure how many folks look in the events forum, but understand why. Thanks for making it a sticky though. That ought to help.

Date and time not set yet. I'd love for you to send a notice out to those in our area. Here is the post I sent out to the half dozen or so folks that we tracked down on the street.

Len

In the past month Chuck and I have made contact with about half a dozen other SLK owners in the Myrtle Beach/Wilmington/Fayetteville area. Everyone seemed to have some degree of interest in getting together to talk SLK. We were thinking of doing something in the next couple of weeks. Our initial plan is to just get together for lunch or dinner somewhere, kick some tires and see where we want to go from here. Many of you are still working and might have other obligations that would prohibit you from doing anything at certain times or on certain days. So what we'd like to know is when are the good days/times for you and does location make much difference to you? Initial thoughts were to do something in the North Myrtle Beach area. Hamburger Joe's was mentioned which is across from Barefoot Landing. Please tell us your thoughts.

BTW, guests are not only allowed but encouraged.

Len and Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got you covered Bob.

Len

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First SLK get together set for November 13 at 1 PM at Hamburger Joe's in North Myrtle Beach.

See
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=hamburger+joes+myrtle&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hamburger+joes+myrtle&hnear=Shallotte,+NC&view=map&cid=16068747761563529157&iwloc=A&ved=0CCAQpQY&sa=X&ei=PnDNTNf8JZauywTdicXoBg for a map and location. As I said before it is right across the street from Barefoot Landing. With beach season being over, it shouldn't be crowded at all.

If you would, please shoot me an e-mail to let me know if you will be there.

BTW, guests are welcome and if you run into any other SLK's, let them know about it too.

Len
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think anything in this event forum area gets much attention, so I don't think it matters much. That's why I started this thread in the General Discussion section, but the administrator moved it here which is understandable. I must also say that he sent out about 500 personal e-mail invitations to our NC and SC members, so that was a heck of a lot better than the post anyway. I really appreciated that effort.

BTW we're up to about ten cars!!

Len

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are still on for an SLK gathering this Saturday at 1PM. Nice weather - temps in the 60's. Looks like about ten cars and 16 to 18 folks showing up. See post #6 above for more details.

Len

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,350 Posts
Weather is sunny and mid 60's a great day for a greet and meet. Hope we fill the parking lot with SLK's. Great burgers and wings. Bring cash as Joe does not take checks or credit cards (ATM inside just in case) Guess that is how the wall and everything is covered in dollar bills. tip, turn towards the beach at the stop light on 17 at Alabama Theater sign at Barefoot Landing and go one block and turn left Joe's on rigth on corner.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wife and I looking fwd to meeting U all @ Hamburger Joe,s. Will only have pics of the MB . . . SUV is the order of the day (holiday shopping trip).

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,350 Posts
Wife and I looking fwd to meeting U all @ Hamburger Joe,s. Will only have pics of the MB . . . SUV is the order of the day (holiday shopping trip).

I all ways take the SLK on trips and not the SUV, keeps the wife from buying alot of stuff. Kinds of keeps it limited, SUV can haul way to much stuff.:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had our get together today. I think we had a great turnout - 11 cars (five silver, four yellow and two black) and 22 people. Everyone seemed to have a good time and another get together is in our future I'm sure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cars with their owners.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts