Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm nearly at the end of the negotiations to buying my first convertable ever! And I'm lucky enough it's gonna be an SLK! I've been dreaming about it for the past month. Hopefully it's gonna be parked outside by tomorrow afternoon! Wish me luck! The name is Manar, I'm from Amman Jordan. I'll be owning a black 2003 r170 SLK 200 kompressor.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome Manar.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,393 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

When you get it:

Please update your location and vehicle info in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
2x from Atlanta.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for that warm reception!
Well its OFFICIAL! i got it and it is GORGEOUS!
I took some pictures and will post them later on, but i was wondering about a couple of things i should ask the R170 owners:

1- my car sounds loud, i kinda drown the sound with the base from the radio sometimes but it does sound (dare i say it) like a diesel... with a monotonous clanking sound.
When i rev up the engine on neutral, pedal to the metal, it goes up to 4rpm and just hovers around that, i have gone speeding in it and noted it going over 4rpm though...
2- When i retract the top, i complete the whole cycle and wait for the button to turn off... but it stays on, now i try again and its still on...when i move it starts blinking and beeping... I've checked the trunk to be closed and read in this forum and Bullwinkle website about the sensor, but is the only way to deal with it is with service?... any ideas?
3- i think my fog lights are either busted or a fuse is off.... i turn on the headlights and nothing happens...
4- i read in another post about the tail lights and how they could be deformed due to the heat of the lamp therefore causing it to indicate a blown lamp while the lamp is fine.

If anyone has run into these things before do give me some tips...

In general, my baby will be going into service later on this month ... anything in the engine that should be checked in particular other than the lubricants, filters and timing belt?

i'll be back with the photos! Ciao!

·
19,407 Posts
Congratulations Manar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
19,407 Posts
Very nice. Very elegant. Congratulations again :tu:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Hi from Houston Texas.

Not sure I know all the answers but here goes...

1. Have heard it said that the R170's sound like John Deere Tactors.

2. Sounds like it may not be locking all the way. MB dealer may be way to go.

3. Try pulling on light switch to turn on lower driving lights when dims are on. They turn off when high beams are on.

4. Check with dealer. Tail lights were recalled and replaced free by dealer. See if yours were.

Hope this helps,
SLKman:tu:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.