Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
[Moderated naughty words] impressive!

Proves 700+ people wrong.

You CAN 55 a 170.

Needs a 1.1L CDi badge for tail >:D

Looking forward to hear how she drives.

Well done!

Registered 1999 slk230-sold
All that work just to have a bigger engine cover......:confused::confused: I guess all the dirt on top of the motor will cut down the mpg......:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Registered 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
Discussion Starter #9
:biglaugh:

LOL, I would have posted this on April 1st, but my Car will really genuinely have the 5.0 V8 in it by then :wink:

Thanks to everyone who responded, I know most of you got the joke, and to those who didn't or were simply playing along my humble apologies, but it was just a bit of craic >:D

I had both the R170 and the W220 parked bonnet (hood) to bonnet and pulled off the Airboxes to look at potential issues with things like Pipe Routing, Wiring, etc etc

Pleased to report it should all swap over very easily.

It was at this point I popped the V8 Engine cover on top of the V6 Motor and then came up with my "bright idea" for a wee photo spoof >:D

As said in my genuine V8 conversion thread, we are using the V6 Car almost daily right now, plan is to get everything out of the Donor Car and buy the last few bit's needed in the meanwhile ..................

Yes ................... and cleaned up / detailed :biglaugh:

Then I will take the R170 off the road when Winter arrives and get that V8 in it, that will hopefully be around September end as that is when the road tax expires.

What I did also do yesterday afternoon was finally get rid of the last knocking noise (left front) ............... I fitted a pair of new Springs, Rubber Pads and Shocks on the Front, having already replaced upper and lower arms plus Ball Joints, I had previously discounted the Shocks because PO had done them fairly recently, but he had used BOGE, which are known to be [email protected], so I decided to change them. Very pleased I did :smile:

Car is now an absolute dream, over some rough roads locally it drives and sounds exactly as it should, = dead quiet, with no rattles and knocks etc, so I'm well happy :grin:

Cheers for now, Dave

Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
Dave I am well impressed. You now need to update your profile (V6 to V8).
I am going to admit that I thought it was for real :surprise: so Dave @Dave2302 impressed with the spoof, don't update your profile yet and I feel a bit of a wally :smile:.

Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007

I know, I know! :tu:

Might be the reason I call on you when folks try these things :D

BUT, in another thread, Dave said he wouldn't go for it unless others said it couldn't be done.
Have to encourage madness at EVERY possibility :tu:

>:D

Registered 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
Discussion Starter #15
Ahhhh yes but that thread was whether or not I'd actually get an n/a 600 V12 in an R170 :wink:

I'll get the V8 one done first eh !!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts