Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am driving with the top town and I am hearing a clickity clack as I drive, like there is rock stuck in the tread of the tire.

So I take a look and I see what looks like the nail coming out between the treads of the rear tire. Oh Joy! (I have no luck with tires, every car I have ever owned I've gotten a nail or similar in a tire!)

No air was coming out thankfully, so I ran down to my local tire place to get it removed and patched. So I am watching the guy take it out...and it keeps coming and coming and coming! WTF!!

A friggin' spike! Or a nail from the Titanic! Things looks old. Geez!! Well tire fixed and back on the road.

Attachments

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Glad it's sorted.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,102 Posts
That was the tip he gave the tire guy!

·
Registered
542 Posts
So I am driving with the top town and I am hearing a clickity clack as I drive, like there is rock stuck in the tread of the tire.

So I take a look and I see what looks like the nail coming out between the treads of the rear tire. Oh Joy! (I have no luck with tires, every car I have ever owned I've gotten a nail or similar in a tire!)

No air was coming out thankfully, so I ran down to my local tire place to get it removed and patched. So I am watching the guy take it out...and it keeps coming and coming and coming! WTF!!

A friggin' spike! Or a nail from the Titanic! Things looks old. Geez!! Well tire fixed and back on the road.
By the title of your thread I was going to tell you that you shouldn't run from the cops. :rb:rb:rb
Glad you got it fixed.

·
Registered Looking for an SLK
597 Posts
In the UK if you had that in a Tyre its new tyre time by law very few punctures are they allowed to repair.

Dave

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,102 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts