Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little fun in Mexico... we were trying to do a couple runs from 45 to 120 but we had to cut it off due to traffic. I just got the car tuned recently and wanted to see how I held up against a E55 I was surprised with the results. I know he will walk me at higher speeds but in the second race I was actually very slowly pulling. Clearly with a tiny mod even a pulley he will take me but just cool to see how they stack up. I was very impressed with the tune I got the thing feels A LOT stronger like all the power was unleashed! Sorry for the BS at the beginning of the vid lol but the vid also gives you a little idea on how my car sounds the loud grumble is mine! Enjoy

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing, enjoyed it.
Your welcome! :D

was the weight distribution between the two same. what i mean is that were there two passengers in each? or one and one?
They had two people in there car and it was just me in mine but the weight difference couldnt have been that much more than 100lbs I had a good 40lbs on both of them I would say they were about 140 each and im about 180. Good times none the less the car feels like a whole new car. I want to race a stock SLK55 to see what the difference will be!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Nice runs! Would be interesting to see what it runs at the strip. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what did you add to the slk??
I just got a custom tune from Speed Innovations it feels amazing!

Nice runs! Would be interesting to see what it runs at the strip. :)
Me too I have never been to the strip maybe Ill go when I get back in Dec it was way to hot to go in the summer it was well over triple digits near the tack the numbers would probably be horrible in that heat!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I just got a custom tune from Speed Innovations it feels amazing!

Me too I have never been to the strip maybe Ill go when I get back in Dec it was way to hot to go in the summer it was well over triple digits near the tack the numbers would probably be horrible in that heat!
Cool fall/spring air will definitely give you your best times and can be easily worth a couple tenths or more. Good luck and have fun! R)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool fall/spring air will definitely give you your best times and can be easily worth a couple tenths or more. Good luck and have fun! R)
Thanks I dont think I will come near your times but we will see what I can do either way it will be a lot of fun. We will make a vid and ill post the results! :D

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Don't sell yourself short! I've never had an easier, or more consistent, car to drive at the strip than the '55 :) .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.