Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 SLK320, 75,000 miles.

I recently noticed that the headlights are sometimes flickering or just shutting off and the radio would not go on for about 30 seconds after starting the car. I was reading about why the headlights might flicker and it was said that it could be the voltage regulator, so I decided to check the battery with the car running. It's charging at 18 volts. I'm not going to drive the car for the time being as a safety precaution.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Does it sound like it may be the voltage regulator?

Thank you,

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
268 Posts
2001 SLK320, 75,000 miles.

I recently noticed that the headlights are sometimes flickering or just shutting off and the radio would not go on for about 30 seconds after starting the car. I was reading about why the headlights might flicker and it was said that it could be the voltage regulator, so I decided to check the battery with the car running. It's charging at 18 volts. I'm not going to drive the car for the time being as a safety precaution.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Does it sound like it may be the voltage regulator?

Thank you,
Hi,

Yes it does definitely sound like you need a new voltage regulator. It is a relatively cheap item readily avaible from that well known auction site. It can be changed in situ (although somewhat easied with the alternator on the bench).

Good luck if you swap this yourself.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.