Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! Some of you might remember me from a wee while ago and after a brief hiatus i'm very pleased to say I'm back in an AMG! God I missed not having a V8 >:D

This time I was looking for a facelift as I prefer the looks. After about a year of looking (but having only sold my S2000 in Feb) I finally found something that ticked all the boxes!

Arrival by neil87r, on Flickr

She's a 2008 Palladium Silver with less than 30k miles on the clock!

Sorry for lack of pics but, of course, sods law, its been pretty much raining constantly since I got it on Tues so its mostly been sat in the garage since with me in the seat making the appropriate noises >:D

I have a few things on the to do list. Some will be done quicker than others. Some may have to wait a very long time as funds allow. But so far on the list:

> Fit Dash Cam - Done, pics to follow
> Replace all interior bulbs to led - Ordered
> Replace indicator and side lights with led - Ordered
> Replace/spray wheel bolts - usual rust!
> Replace boot (trunk :usa:) gas struts - ordered
> SmartTop (saved you from saying it JB!)
> Gummi plenge the seals
> Get a shifter badge to cover its naked head
> Paint rear brake calipers silver to match front (currently rust coloured :crying:)
> Get bluetooth media streaming to work - sourced aux input adapter, hoping it's quality is ok
> A good long detailing session!
> Fit X pipe - still debating whether to straight through the mufflers, secondary cats, or both :confused: Need to hear some in person :wink:

In the longer term:
> Refurb or even change wheels :confused:
> Rear diffuser (maybe Piecha)
> Sort out a few stone chips

Hope to see some of you at a few meets soon :grin: :grin:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,571 Posts
Beautiful and welcome back to the fold!

see my albums and sig threads for more ideas to mod!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,571 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Welcome back! I love the facelift AMG, and it does look great in Palladium Silver too (even with the wet weather). I'm sure you'll have a chance to hear an x-piped AMG at one of the meets (mine has an x-pipe, as do several others - check the link in my signature for a comparison video, although I think it sounds even better in person)! :D

PS. Thanks for the PM - I'll add you to the map once I'm back at my laptop tomorrow. :tu:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorted out my squeaky wind deflector! Had some double sided sticky rubber strips so took the plexiglass out and lined the edges with it

This seems to have cured it!

Also fitted all LED interior lights, rear number plate bulbs and front side light and indicators. Looks better without the orange!:

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
6,209 Posts
Also been looking into these so I can stream music via bluetooth to the aux port. Anyone used these or something similar?

Chromecast Audio

FIREFLY
With my previous 2010 SLK I used ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000A Bluetooth Adapter for Streaming iPod/iPhone/iPad to Audi/Mercedes/VW with Factory iPod/Media Input. I actually used this with my Android Sony Xperia Z1. It worked well but it is really designed for the Apple I range of products.

·
11,404 Posts
Also been looking into these so I can stream music via bluetooth to the aux port. Anyone used these or something similar?

Chromecast Audio

FIREFLY
I haven't used either of those, but I do use a Doosl Bluetooth Aux Adapter, like this one: DOOSL Bluetooth 4.0 3.5mm Car FM Receiver Adapter Hand Free Music Car Radio | eBay

I bought mine from Amazon (not this seller on eBay) - I can't find it available on Amazon any longer, but wanted to include a link to show the product I have.

I've added a USB power point into my glovebox (piggy-backed, with an inline fuse, from the back of the 12v accessory socket), and I leave the Doosl permanently plugged in (it's only live when ignition is on). Saves me having to take it out of the car to recharge it, and the added benefit is that it auto-activates when the ignition is switched on. :tu:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I haven't used either of those, but I do use a Doosl Bluetooth Aux Adapter, like this one: DOOSL Bluetooth 4.0 3.5mm Car FM Receiver Adapter Hand Free Music Car Radio | eBay

I bought mine from Amazon (not this seller on eBay) - I can't find it available on Amazon any longer, but wanted to include a link to show the product I have.

I've added a USB power point into my glovebox (piggy-backed, with an inline fuse, from the back of the 12v accessory socket), and I leave the Doosl permanently plugged in (it's only live when ignition is on). Saves me having to take it out of the car to recharge it, and the added benefit is that it auto-activates when the ignition is switched on. :tu:
What is the sound quality like? That one looks slightly different as it uses FM instead of Bluetooth?

·
11,404 Posts
What is the sound quality like? That one looks slightly different as it uses FM instead of Bluetooth?
Ah, the title is wrong (at last it is for the one I have). It's not FM, it is Bluetooth 4.0 with a direct 3.5mm Aux jack. Sorry for the confusion - I missed that when trying to find something the same as the one I have.

Here's another link from elsewhere to show you the one (I think) I have:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Doosl-Bluetooth-4-0-Portable-Wireless_60480028397.html

Sound quality is great, although the volume for anything connected to the Aux socket does seem to need to be turned up a little higher than from other sources.

Another alternative I use, is a DVD-R disk full of MP3 files. By storing the files into folders (to group/categorise them), I can easily navigate through 4GB of MP3s directly on the head unit.

·
1,724 Posts
Hi All

Welcome back Muffmate , check my sig-videos for afew ideas on the Xpipe thing , I'm not up there with the Big Dawg (JB) but maybe just maybe one day .

Cheers

Andy

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
Welcome back Neil ...

Glad you've got yourself back in a V8

I'm with you on the Facelift looks - just waiting for a grill to appear then I'll be fitting my bumper & grey headlights (the last pieces of my facelift project)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.