Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sold my slk of 7 years, to a friend at work. It's a real beauty, 21,000 miles, 1 owner fmbsh. Very sad to see it go, but it was time and the deals on the SLC were hard to turn down. (23% off including options)

I drove the 172 in 2011 when it came out but I just hated the nose, loved the car.

At my last service they tempted me with a deal I couldn't beat on autoebid or carwow. Drove one and I loved it.

I also feel the visual modifications to the SLC, helped soften the nose (either that or I've warmed to it)

I'm going for the 200 same as before with the AMG line, night package and auto gearbox.

The SLC doesn't arrive for 2 months so it's strange saying goodbye to one before you can say hello to another, I managed to sell my R171 very quickly.

Nonetheless looking forward to my second slk/slc

·
Banned
974 Posts
Diesel or petrol? What other options on the SLC eg Comand, parking sensors, metallic paint, Airscarf etc? Agree that although the front is a little more fussy it is less stubby than the R172.
Enjoy the anticipation then the reality.

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
128 Posts
Diesel or petrol? What other options on the SLC eg Comand, parking sensors, metallic paint, Airscarf etc? Agree that although the front is a little more fussy it is less stubby than the R172.
SLK200 is petrol!

Would have thought you would know that the time you spend at the stealers.....lol

:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Spec.

200 petrol, AMG Line, 9 speed auto.

As I only do 3-4000 a year in the 'toy' I wasn't bothered for the diesel, I prefer the feel and sound in this application, my daily is a diesel. They would have added more discount for a 300, but not only would I still had to find £3000 more, there is then the 5 years of £310 a year extra road tax for hitting over the £40,000 list price ( one of the reasons I avoided comand on my 200), that's £4500 before I think of any additional insurance, I never felt like I was missing anything in my slower 171, so I'm happy to keep the extra money.

Didn't bother with comand as I said, got the smart phone intergration instead to see what it's like. Also went for the glass roof and AMG night package on a white car. Went for the heated seats and airscarf and parktronic also as I had them on my previous car.

Now the 2 month DRRRRAAAAAGG!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,906 Posts
You mean Comand....1 'm'...I edited your post above to remove that extra 'm' :D

Cockpit Management and Data system - COMAND for short

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,437 Posts
You mean Comand....1 'm'...I edited your post above to remove that extra 'm' :D

Cockpit Management and Data system - COMAND for short
didn't catch all of them :wink:

£40,000 list price ( one of the reasons I avoided command on my 200), that's £4500 before I think of any additional insurance, I never felt like I was missing anything in my slower 171, so I'm happy to keep the extra money.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,906 Posts
Sure I did :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts