Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 slk230. 120,000 klms. Recently when i drive it when i accellerate from standstill i have to wait 2-3 seconds before i gain any responce and accelleration and then it accelerates as expected.

When i first start engine accelleration is responsive for the initial accelleration however any subsequent occassions from standstill it has this 2-3 second delay

Any ideas if there is anything i can try and reset before i go investing in replacing sensors etc which i am advised is not a cheap excersise

also during these times when i am experiencing the above i find that the speed limited does not work and instead the display shows --- and beeps several times

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,480 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Have seem similar. POssibly the engine management not allowing the turbo to boost (holding the wastegate open) which can result when the ECU is getting unexpected results from some sensors, such as airflow, manifold pressure, etc. etc.. Sadly, not a quick diagnosis. Need someone who has good familiarity with the specific engine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not sure if your model has a clutch on the SC (supercharger) or is directly coupled. If it does have a clutch, it will not engage until 1700-1800 RPM indicated. While looking at the SC, raise the RPM to see if the clutch does work. If the SC is working as advertised, start to look at the the forced induction plumbing. You could very well have a line ruptured or disconnected / loose. Start with the easy things first before "shot gunning" parts. A close visual inspection can save you a lot of money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.