Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crying::crying:

Some Ass**** did this to my SLK whilst parked at a mall and then drove off....

The Mall are reviewing security camera footage to see if we can identify the vehicle.

Grr !!!!!!! :tazz::tazz::tazz:

:crying::crying:

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,776 Posts
Oh my. Sorry to hear and see that!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Beautiful car.
What an unusual "hole", I wonder what actually took place!

Good luck in the search.
Will be following to see how this story unfolds.

·
92,776 Posts
That's almost where the tow hook is. maybe someone with a trailer hitch backed into it

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Jerks...they're everywhere, they're everywhere!!!

I hope you find them...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Crap! This is so unfair! :(
Would you not find the culprit, and would your car no longer have an "all risks" insurance, then you might consider trying the repair yourself.
The plastic is thermoplastic, so you might try to "glue" it back by using a soldering stick or a heat gun. It requires some patience, and it is absolutely recommended to add some extra plastic (of the same contents/structure) but this should be doable. I have never repaired a fender/bumper, but I did do other plastics repairs (on my B-class). After the repair, you might ask a professional automotive body workshop to do a spot repair of the paint.
If you're interested in a photo tutorial, drop me a PM.

Arjen.

·
Super Moderator - DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,015 Posts
Ouch ...

Best of luck with the CCTV footage - at least it looks like an easy repair for a body shop (as opposed to needing a new bumper cover)

·
AND MABEL
13,773 Posts
Sorry to see that, as Jeff says, it looks like tow bar damage. Hope the cctv turns up the culprit.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Oh the pain to see that. i know the sickening feeling as I'm experiencing it just looking at that picture. I hope the video offers some useful information.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
That's almost where the tow hook is. maybe someone with a trailer hitch backed into it
Tow hook cover can be seen further to the right above the exhaust tip. Looks to me like some fool with an old-school VW Stinger exhaust backed into the car and speared that hole with his exhaust tip. :frown:It's almost perfectly round, except where the recessed character line where the bumper cover sheared at the weakest point.

·
92,776 Posts
Tow hook cover can be seen further to the right above the exhaust tip.

I said almost to where it is :D

·
Banned
801 Posts
It's repairable and not very expensive.

I often see trucks with the trailer hitch stuck way out. I think these clowns actually do it hoping to damage somebody's vehicle.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's a bummer. My story - in a car park, a woman's young daughter opens a door in gale force winds and BANG! a massive ding/dent results in mine.
I was lucky to see it happening.

Mother swears blind it never happened though.
Then the daughter says sorry and starts crying. Honestly, the hassle!
Just own up and use your insurance already! Don't hide and then end up blaming/shaming the kid. Just let her out the other side - which was empty!

Hope you get the culprit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts