Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was purchased by a local salvage yard from ins. company after the accident and the owner spent the winter/spring having it repaired. I was talking to him about it and he said he replaced every body panel on the car, along with the interior and had fixed it up for his wife; he has his own CLS63 - it's good to own your own salvage company I guess LOL! Anyway, saw it for the first time going around today - that Caspian Blue colour still catches the eye for sure!

Anyhoo, just passing through - wow, can't believe the number of new "faces"!!! Hope everyone is doing good and keep the shiney side up! R)

- Bill

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Glad to hear from you again FishtailnZ :tu: How did the motor sound on the ol' 55? Perhaps ask the fellow to join this forum?

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Heya! welcome back! Lot's have changed around here! How's your new car treating you, any updates?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! As much as the place has grown, it's good to see so many "old hands" still around :) . I'm not online near as much anymore, but it's nice to have a looksee now and then and see what's up with who.

Glad to hear from you again FishtailnZ :tu: How did the motor sound on the ol' 55? Perhaps ask the fellow to join this forum?
That's one good thing about the car, mechanically it was not harmed in the least, so she sounds as good as she ever did! And I did leave a card on his CLS63 windsheild :) .

Heya! welcome back! Lot's have changed around here! How's your new car treating you, any updates?
489rwhp (on the same dyno where my ex SLK made 265rwhp) and still scaring the crap out of me at times...and loving every minute of it :tu:

Welcome back, good that I have facebook I can catch you there.
Same here Mohammed, love all the pics you put up! :)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Buy it back!
As good a job as the new owner has done putting it back together, I really don't think I want a rebuilt, salvage title, warranty-less SLK55 :tu:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:) I'm with you there, and having a 500rwhp, fire breathing, topless Cobra has to make you smile!
It's making me grin ear to ear - not so much though some friends on cruise nights.. way later on cruise nights :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
As good a job as the new owner has done putting it back together, I really don't think I want a rebuilt, salvage title, warranty-less SLK55 :tu:
But don't you miss your baby?

I used to have a 1993 Isuzu Rodeo that I still miss. A lot of crazy stuff went on in that Rodeo...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.