Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, gotta love it when a plan comes together. Tires arrived yesterday, wheels arrived late this afternoon. I had an appointment to have them installed tomorrow. I called to see if they can do it today and here are the results.

I am thrilled with the new look!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Is this the car you're bringing to the Long Beach cruise? Look forward to seeing them.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Looks exotic :tu:

·
Registered
512 Posts
wow... they look alot better on the car than I imagined! looks great!!!

I need to get some pics of mine posted on here.

two thumbs up!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the look of your new tires and rims, what are the size details? I'm working on burning off my 16's, this season.

Wheels are MB OEM,

Front 18X7.5 Rear 18X8.5

Tires are;
Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 XL

Front 225/40ZR -18, Rear 255/35ZR -18

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Looks GREAT!

I posted an image of these months ago asking how they'd look on my car and most said not very good or "not my taste."

This is going to make me reevaluate them!

Really looks nice! I figured they would.

These were used on the "GRAND EDITION," in europe a couple years ago, so I figured they had a great look when you saw them in a real world setting rather than the cropped image at MBUSA.com that I posted.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Theregans

Quick follow up, if I ever finally buy the bullet and buy them.

Did they come in 100 percent perfect condition from the seller the best you can tell?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Theregans

Quick follow up, if I ever finally buy the bullet and buy them.

Did they come in 100 percent perfect condition from the seller the best you can tell?

Many thanks.

Yes they arrived in factory sealed MB boxes in perfect condition. They were even double boxed by the seller. Very satisfied with this seller and would highly recommend.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Yes they arrived in factory sealed MB boxes in perfect condition. They were even double boxed by the seller. Very satisfied with this seller and would highly recommend.
Greatly. Honestly, these wheels are like the deal of the century. I probably shouldn't say that as someone else will scoop them up. Honestly, price per wheel, it comes out nice.. Quite incredible considering how unique they are and awesome looking.

The Grand Edition really had a great look to it, so Mercedes surely wanted to choose a terrific wheel. The Grand Edition also had hood fins, spoiler, darkened third brake light, etc. It was quite sweet, and I think these wheels is what really set it off.

They look absolutely stunning on your silver SLK perhaps even better than they did on the Grand Edition. Honestly, you have a very unique and striking combination there. Really nice find. Well done!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Greatly. Honestly, these wheels are like the deal of the century. I probably shouldn't say that as someone else will scoop them up. Honestly, price per wheel, it comes out nice.. Quite incredible considering how unique they are and awesome looking.

The Grand Edition really had a great look to it, so Mercedes surely wanted to choose a terrific wheel. The Grand Edition also had hood fins, spoiler, darkened third brake light, etc. It was quite sweet, and I think these wheels is what really set it off.

They look absolutely stunning on your silver SLK perhaps even better than they did on the Grand Edition. Honestly, you have a very unique and striking combination there. Really nice find. Well done!

Thanks!!!! To be honest it was a bit of a shot in the dark when I bought them. I had not seen any good pic's of them installed on an SLK. I put my faith in the fact they were OEM MB wheels. I also didn't want to have to worry about spacers and getting the correct offsets with non OEM wheels so these really appealed to me. I thought they would look good but I never thought they would look as good as they actually do!!! One of those few times in my life where it turned out better than I could have ever imagined.:burnout:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts