Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you guys are going to hate this setup, but I'm sure some of you will appreciate how different it is to the usual R172 look :)

Tempted to go lower, with a bit more camber angle but don't want to ruin the handling as going from 7.5j / 8.5j up to 8.5j / 9.5j has drastically improved the cornering, feels like a totally different car!

Also, had my first go at vinyl wrapping with doing the centre caps in CF!

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a fan of black wheels , but the black/chrome finish , comes out pretty nice , looks good !!
Haha, cheers. I was going to do gold/chrome but luckily they were out of stock and I came to my senses!

I don't like plain black wheels but when you have contrasting rims I feel they really stand out more and don't make the wheels just fade into the tyres.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look the same as my new ones , except for the colour , are they the Cruize 190's from Madonmotors or jjautos ?
Haha yeah! Which ones did you get?

They're so cheap, and fantastic offsets.

Reactions: Sneaky Pete

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, have you noticed any difference in acceleration?

These seem a lot heavier + the extra wheel width meaning I'm certainly noticing a fair bit slower acceleration. Cornering is fantastic though!

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,760 Posts
My others are also aftermarket, 17" and actually weigh more I think , the guy who fitted the tyres actually commented that they were pretty light and he's used to moving around wheells all day !

Can't say I've noticed any difference on acceleration , either way ...

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
I think the gold / silver combo on a black car would look great ... especially in that design ...

Like Craige, I'm not a fan of black wheels, but they doo look good with the silver lips...

Reactions: Maurauth

·
Registered
500 Posts
WOW! Great shots... Looks like the freakin batmobile :smile: :smile: :smile:
Good call on the silver rims too, I think all black wheels may have killed the looks of your motor.

+ I LOVE the picture you're using in your signature block.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!

Maybe I'm just overthinking it acceleration-wise, I have just put a full tank of petrol in and was running on empty before I changed the wheels; I guess that makes a bit of difference, maybe I forgot to put super unleaded in as well. Could be the heat as well I suppose.

All the more reason to get a remap!

Reactions: curro101

·
Registered 2015 SLK 55 AMG
128 Posts
Nice! I like them, but then I'm partial to black on black. Mine have a much smaller chrome lip, but I like the look of your much larger chrome surface. Look like they are going to be fun to clean. :)

BTW - nice thing about the black wheels . . . they don't show the brake dust.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers Apex, yeah that was the intention.
I'd been searching for the AMG ones as that's the look I'm going for but not going to pay the main dealer prices for 4 new alloys! Ebay is absolutely rammed with C63 AMG chrome lipped black multispokes but no SLK55 ones.

Definitely going to look even more batmobile-like when I black out more of the car :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
ApexAMG, tell me more about your wheels! Since your in NC and I'm in VA no worries about seeing yourself coming and going! Size/offset/ where did you get them?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.