1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,650 Posts
repunzel? let down your hair?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Nice!! In Louisiana, it takes between 16 and 18 weeks to get a personal plate - after it's been "approved".

I ordered one as soon as I got my '55, and evidently it's just turned up after I left to come back to the UK! :p

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,650 Posts
here's mine!

Attachments

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Nice!! In Louisiana, it takes between 16 and 18 weeks to get a personal plate - after it's been "approved".

I ordered one as soon as I got my '55, and evidently it's just turned up after I left to come back to the UK! :p
:biglaugh:LA needs to round up a few more convicts to speed up the process. Here in VA, you can check on line for availability, choose from over 200 different plates, order and pay online. Many VA personalized plates are just $10 extra per year. Delivery time is about one week. We're number 1. The survey ranked jurisdictions by "vanity plate penetration rate", which is the percentage of registered motor vehicles that are vanitized.[1] Virginia has the highest U.S. vanity plate penetration rate (16.19%), followed by New Hampshire (13.99%), Illinois (13.41%), Nevada (12.73%), Montana (9.8%), Maine (9.7%), Connecticut (8.14%), New Jersey (6.8%), North Dakota (6.5%) and Vermont (6.1%). Texas had the lowest vanity plate penetration rate (0.5%). I'm a big personalized plate fan. I've had them continuously since 1978.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,292 Posts
I am confused RBenzo i would read it at Rich Bratwurst Enzo. Well Enzo is Italian i did not know Italians like Bratwurst. LOL i will order my plate that will read Geizig the German word for Pennypincher i bet it will fit just fine on the back on my Slk. I had the same plate in MO. on my Porsche and people loved it.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
:biglaugh:LA needs to round up a few more convicts to speed up the process..

Ain't that the truth?! They are complaining about overcrowding in Angola, should have 'em all working in the Plate shop! ;-)

In any event, it's arrived, and can't wait to put it on and post up some pictures. Just as an FYI, the Firemist Dragon is still breathing fire and putting a smile on my face every time I get to drive her. I'm headed back stateside on July 16th, so will have some quality time - may have to stick to "top-up" when the sun's out, though, was a bit warm when I left! :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,724 Posts
Hi All

Ok one from the UK ,this plate came on our Crossfire but it looks better on our 55 AMG

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,292 Posts
LOL Flieger fun 4 2 awesome but if you put 4 and 2 together you have sechs everybody calls it sex so the plate also could read Spass Sechs/ Sex or fun Sex. Just a thought . LOL I promise i don,t smoke 411 must be all those lonely nights on the road at 3 am to make my mind wander.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Hey John, I'm digging the new tag. The Audi TT guy5 incorporate the TT in many of their per5onalized plate5. Ah, the 5weet 5mell (&look) of 5ucce55.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
That's a great plate John! Is there a story behind how you came up with it?

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
I have been thinking of getting the local SLK crowd out (please see thread conerning my overly social SLKness according to my family) to get togethers. I thought referring to them as "Topless in the Park" etc might get them out. I'm sure Heckflosse will drop by...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.