Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought my new baby home and thought I would post some stock pics. Hit 110 within the first few hours. Gotta love it. Can't wait to start the mods.

PS. Sorry if I posted images improperly. Still trying to figure out the forum features and how to use the "Gallery".

Best,
Cold Shot

Attachments

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Welcome cold shot. Excellent 55 and excellent photos.

About photo's, photobucket.com or something similar allows you to show higher quality photos using the tag in this forum.

[b][url=http://autoinsurances.wearecares.net]Best Auto Insurance[/url] | [url=autoprotection.wearecares.net]Auto Protection Today[/url] | [url=trade-in.wearecares.net]FREE Trade-In Quote[/url][/b]

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Very cool photos Cold_Shot! Congratulations.

Here's a short list to think about: OEM Lexan rear windscreen, SmartTop roof module and Green Air Filters.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gents,

You are too kind. Thank you for the warm welcome, suggestions and tips. In the coming days I will have both private and public questions regarding mods and the affect of each on warranty. Getting LoJacked tomorrow, then need some time to familiarize myself with the car. First mod will be the Soft Top controller, but want to know if it can be done at the dealer, an after market shop, what warranty issues I may have to deal with, etc. I would prefer to have a pro do it. In my neck of the woods, that would maybe be DynoPro (www.dynopro.com), but I have not visited that RennTech shop yet.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome. I am an IT guy, so lay it on me if you have tech questions (in general). (The dealership was blown away that I knew more about the COMMAND code revisions in the 55 than them).

Kind regards,
Cold Shot

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
beautiful! you would think i would get bored looking at pics of slk's ... but strangely the love is yet to die.
lovely car and welcome to slkworld.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu: NICE! Your SLK 55 is well equipped. Enjoy it NOW as you decide which mods you want. Great climate where you live for a lot of top down driving. ENJOY!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Welcome from Germany to your car and your color. 040 rules!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Beautiful!

you might want to do some research, lojack is somewhat redundant to the mercedes teleaid GPS tracking.

·
19,400 Posts
Gents,

You are too kind. Thank you for the warm welcome, suggestions and tips. In the coming days I will have both private and public questions regarding mods and the affect of each on warranty. Getting LoJacked tomorrow, then need some time to familiarize myself with the car. First mod will be the Soft Top controller, but want to know if it can be done at the dealer, an after market shop, what warranty issues I may have to deal with, etc. I would prefer to have a pro do it. In my neck of the woods, that would maybe be DynoPro (www.dynopro.com), but I have not visited that RennTech shop yet.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome. I am an IT guy, so lay it on me if you have tech questions (in general). (The dealership was blown away that I knew more about the COMMAND code revisions in the 55 than them).

Kind regards,
Cold Shot
As I had planned not to renew my TeleAid subscription (more than $100/year) and I've had no reason to use TeleAid at all since I got the car 11 months ago, I did have LoJac (one time charge only).

The SmartTop module can be installed by a competent aftemarket shop that's familiar with MB, although it can be a DIY (do-it-yourself) project during the weekend. I do understand the hesitancy also to install the module yourself.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Beautiful!

you might want to do some research, lojack is somewhat redundant to the mercedes teleaid GPS tracking.
I went for LoJack more for the early warning feature. If the car moves without the early warning fob, LoJack starts calling me. Without this, I might not know for hours the car is gone. Here in Arizona, that might be enough time to get it across the border.

Also, the dealer told me that TeleAid will not locate the car any more due to some lawsuit that happened here in AZ. Not sure about all the details however.

D

·
0 Posts
Can never be too careful if you have the option to add an extra security layer then go for it.

Enjoy the car!

·
19,400 Posts
I went for LoJack more for the rearly warning feature. If the car moves without the early warning fob, LoJack starts calling me. Without this, I might not know for hours the car is gone. Here in Arizona, that might be enough time to get it across the border.

Also, the dealer told me that TeleAid will not locate the car any more due to some lawsuit that happened here in AZ. Not sure about all the details however.
I wonder how many false alarms there are with the LoJac key fob (also means carrying 2 keyfobs instead of one). Dealer recommended the basic LoJac for the area I live in without going for the more expensive version, but this depends on your locale.

TeleAid probably snitched on someone indavertently, who was cheating on their mate. (pure conjecture on my part).

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Great pics Cold Shot! :tu:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.