Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, despite all the scare of the Germans not providing body panels for 2010 SLK production, mine arrived at the dealer on November 30th. I could hardly stand the suspense, so flew down and picked up my new "baby" on December 2nd. First 450 miles behind the wheel have been nothing short of joyous! What a fantastic little roaster. I even had an opportunity to test its ability in 50 mph crosswinds and patches of sleet and snow covered roads. Amazingly, it held on and I kept on going!!! With hi perf tires, I really didn't know what to expect under these conditions.

Conditions here in the northland are lousy for picture taking right now, so all I could post is myself next to the new 'delivery' in the dealer showroom (in case you care to look...). It does give you the general idea....especially note the wall-to-wall "tomcat who caught the mouse" smile on the guy (me obviously) behind the car!!!

It was definitely worth the wait!! :Beer:

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Awesome news, and glad to hear you have the "SLK Grin". I've heard it wears off somewhere around 250k miles! :)

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Congratulations and thank you for being a supporter of this site :tu: Nice AMG/sports package. What's with the big red bow?

Do I see a SmartTop module under the Christmas tree? :) Windrestrictor perhaps?

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Congratulations!:Beer:
I just took mine for a drive around town in bright sunlight and 20°F with the top down.:)
Heater set at 80, seat and air scarf on high and the wind restrictor keeping out the back draft! :tu:

·
19,407 Posts
Congratulations!:Beer:
I just took mine for a drive around town in bright sunlight and 20°F with the top down.:)
Heater set at 80, seat and air scarf on high and the wind restrictor keeping out the back draft! :tu:
How does the Quaife LSD feel? Any big difference on high speed cornering?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,326 Posts
Congrats! did i miss his pic post?

·
19,407 Posts
Congrats! did i miss his pic post?
Click on the Garage link at the left hand column where the avatar and other info are contained.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:WOW, looks like a million bucks. Silver is just about the best color in the world. Keep the red bow on forever. As other have stated, THANKS for the SLKWord support. I had my SLK out last Sunday. Too cool for top down, but it was still a fun day.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, was out today top down, 45F but heater, seats, air scarf.... toasty!! Plus the last interior CF piece arrived today!!!:tu:

·
19,407 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, was out today top down, 45F but heater, seats, air scarf.... toasty!! Plus the last interior CF piece arrived today!!!:tu:
got piccies?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
got piccies?
Coming soon Eddy! And I now have an extra upper cubbie as front face of the new one is now CF.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Nice AMG/sports package. What's with the big red bow?

Congrats on your new ride. Looks great :tu:

Eddy, the big red bow is part of the aero package for 2010. I'm not sure about it myself, but apparently it works well in the wind tunnel...... ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks! Obviously I'm thrilled to have the new SLK in my stable!

BTW - do you suppose the big red bow could disperse radar beams ??? :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.