Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Not a big fan of the color but that AMG motor makes up for it.:grin::grin:

This 1965 Mercedes-Benz 220S was sold new in Mexico and modified by a previous owner in 2000 for use in the Rally Maya Mexico and La Carrera Panamericana, where it competed in 2011, 2012, and 2013. The 3.6-liter DOHC inline-six was sourced from an AMG model and is equipped with three Weber carburetors. A Tremec 5-speed manual transmission sends power to a Ford rear end, and further modifications include a stripped interior, roll cage, racing seats, an aluminum radiator, Brembo disc brakes, Bilstein shocks, and more. The selling dealer acquired the car last year, and a new clutch was recently installed. This W111 race car is now being offered on a bill of sale in Belgium with its original dealer invoice.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-mercedes-benz-220-2/

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sold my '65 220S in '76 and have regretted it ever since. Can't say I'm crazy about what they've done with that one, but if I ever hit Mega Millions, I will have another, or at least another W111, only mine will be as close to original as possible, aside from a modern sound system that can play MP3's from a thumb drive or micro-SD card.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts