Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I allowed to discuss it? The launch party is this weekend and I am really excited about it! It's nothing to do with cars and I am getting nothing out of it apart from a signed copy (that I have to pay for) and an excuse for a weekend away!

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,734 Posts
as long as the book discussion does not include politics or religion

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
...what is the book about (I don't think stating the topic and title would constitute discussing politics or religion...those interested could keep an eye out for it).

his first book? must be a massive undertaking

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Book publishing is an expensive business and can be a bit disappointing. I am the co-author of a book that was published about 8 years ago. 500 numbered and signed copies. Myself and my c0-authors widow must have at least 300 copies left. I have been giving them away to interested people for a year now. hey were priced at £35 originally.

I hope your friend does well Sandra :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
His name is Peter Jarrette and the book is called Brighton Babylon, published by Dynasty Press. It's about his exploits living in the Brighton area - and that's where the launch will be on Sunday.

He's co-written a few childrens books but this is his first grown up book.

He is a lovely man and somebody I consider to be a good friend, so I'm really hoping he does will with it. I've been told there will be a tv crew at the launch so have bought a dress, and a razor. :biglaugh:

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,734 Posts
so if the book is about religion/politics and other things we cannot discuss, we can discuss it? OH NO!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, because we are discussing the book. Mind you, if it's about Brighton, nothing much religious or political happens down there :D
Usually carnage. In my experience.

Last time we were down I found myself at 3am, in the hotel corridor, wearing only a small pair of pants. I'd gone to the loo, made a fatal door error and got stuck. It felt like a very long time knocking on the door trying to wake the husband, but no other hotel guests. Chair behind the door this weekend. Just in case.

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
oh Sandra... lol...

Brighton... exploits?!

followed by

hallway in your, dare I say, knickers...

followed by

bought a dress... and razor.. (clearly going to be looking your very best)

gents I think this calls for a foto... y/n?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh Sandra... lol...

Brighton... exploits?!

followed by

hallway in your, dare I say, knickers...

followed by

bought a dress... and razor.. (clearly going to be looking your very best)

gents I think this calls for a foto... y/n?

I think that is a given. Probably in the dress though, not in my knickers in the hotel corridor. But hey, you never know, if I have enough vodka....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts