Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly no video - I should really invest in a dash cam. On the drive home (with a side trip to Calgary) I had no real challengers. People either wouldn't play, or I knew I was easily going to win before hand, and I would just toy with them a little. But yesterday I got my first real challenge.

Pulled up to the lights yesterday while on one of the only roads in town where one could do this, and beside me was a Camaro. Not sure what was under his hood, but probably the v8 model, as that was loud and it was fairly fast. Anyway light changes, and we both tried to play it cool. You know going a little faster then the other guy, but not matting it yet. Well that lasted until we cleared the intersection and I heard/saw him give it a little more - so I hammered it. Not sure if the SLK just accelerates better than the Camaro or I got the drop on him, but I initially had him by a car length and it was a little under a car length going through the corner (I was on the outside of the turn) when I looked down we were doing 120kph (70mph). By this time we'd cleared the corner and were on the straight stretch. I didn't get the sense that he was really catching me at the time and figured that was fast enough and I had proved my point that his car with his custom plate wasn't quite as fast as he thought it was, so I let off the gas and let him roar ahead down the straight stretch.

I'm sure he'll chalk that up as a win for him, but I figure seeing how I was on the out side of the turn and ahead of him when I slowed down, it's not. Either way it was a lot of fun.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
Yay!!!! Welcome to the club!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,532 Posts
:tu:

That's the thing with our '55's. The speed limit is very quickly exceeded :grin:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Nice job. The new camaros and mustangs are no joke! 2018 Mustang GT's run high 11's in the 1/4 mile totally stock. That is nuts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts