Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, exhaust sound of my car has changed. It sounded a little less louder and deeper than before..It didn't sound very clear like it used to....

I have custom X pipe and it used to sounded very close to a stock C63... I ruled out exhaust leak and there is no warning signs / message / lights on the car. I've been sick for few weeks and I thought I was over sensitive but my gf felt the same way as well.

Has anyone experienced this in the past? I drove my car about an hour to get an oil / brake pads changed and gas mileage was normal and car pulled strong (maybe a little weaker than before?)...

My only guess is that a local shell station sold me a bad batch of 93 octane gas..... .....

Feel free to share your thoughts!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,304 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already bought em :) My gas is low right now and I will refuel her tomorrow. Hopefully this is caused by bad fuel.. Will keep ya posted!

·
98,304 Posts
as you know, put in the techron on a near empty tank.

·
98,304 Posts
what size bottle u got? 12 or 15 gal?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a quick update..

I'm currently in a local MB dealer to double check if my car is running OK.
So far, everything looks good and they are doing an update for car's ECU.
I guess I was just oversensitive.. Glad to hear that shes ok though.. Not soo happy about the diagnostic fee.. lol

·
Registered 2016 SLC300
253 Posts
Gallons

Sigh......I remember the days when we used to talk in Gallons and be able to afford to talk about paying to put gallons in the tank

"A US Liquid Gallon is 231 cubic inches (3.785411784 litres). A UK (Imperial) Gallon is 4.54609 litres"

We're paying £1.40 pence per litre so that's 3.7 litres x £1.40 = £5.18, convert that into dollars @ $1.62 to a £1 = $8.40 rounded up!!!

For every £30 pounds of fuel bought at British pumps, £12 is actual fuel with a high profit margin for the Petrol (Gas? pah!!!) companies. The £18 is Tax to central government, and yet UK plc is still broke. Oh well...I see Mercedes make bicycles now, but have you seen the price of those?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sigh......I remember the days when we used to talk in Gallons and be able to afford to talk about paying to put gallons in the tank

"A US Liquid Gallon is 231 cubic inches (3.785411784 litres). A UK (Imperial) Gallon is 4.54609 litres"

We're paying £1.40 pence per litre so that's 3.7 litres x £1.40 = £5.18, convert that into dollars @ $1.62 to a £1 = $8.40 rounded up!!!

For every £30 pounds of fuel bought at British pumps, £12 is actual fuel with a high profit margin for the Petrol (Gas? pah!!!) companies. The £18 is Tax to central government, and yet UK plc is still broke. Oh well...I see Mercedes make bicycles now, but have you seen the price of those?
Ooooooook...
I remember gas was like 80cents per gal in 1997 or 98 in the US :)

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
When first out of college (mid 70s) I worked for a refiner who gave employees all the gas we could burn.....but we had to pay the road tax...think it was 7 cents per gallon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.