Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of a dal at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. My friend just got a GTR so he had been wanting to head out for a while. Also my other friend Chris brought his new Gallardo LP560 out. I was also curious to see how a stock 55 would hold up against some of the other cars out there. It really suprised me how well it did.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was getting in the low 13's and from what im told that isn't very good for what the car can actually do. It was my first time ever doing the quarter so I wasn't getting good jumps off the line. My reaction time was always over 1 second. We got there pretty late so we only got 4 runs in. I think the next time i go i will do better. Plus I now have Green Filters installed and will have lighter wheels and also an x-pipe (not that the x-pipe really makes any difference as far as performance but atleast its a little lighter). I just got an old Car and Driver from 2005 when they had the SLK55 on the front and they were getting in the 12's so I'm sure its possible.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Cool...... Looks like you had a lot of fun.

The pictures are ok too, but for me the on-track shots are a bit too 'frozen'.

Can I suggest that if possible you speak to the guy taking the pictures, maybe he could use a slower shutter next time to get a bit of 'movement' into the images.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Nice cars, especially the LP560, what type of numbers were the GTR and Lambo getting? Also with the quarter mile, altitude plays a big role for N/A cars, I see mountains in the background, you may never get the 12's advertised, that is usually their best time after multiple runs, most of those test are done below sea level and in cool temperature.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THanks for the comments everyone. The GTR was the fastest of the cars we brought there. He has done some minor engine work, just some stuff to make it breathe better. He got like 11.1 i want to say and he wasnt even using launch control because he heard its really bad for the transmission. He was pretty much taking easy runs and not really beating on the car. With launch control he will definitely be in the 10's which is crazy! Im not sure of the lambo off the top of my head but i want to say low 12's maybe? As far as the pictures go we werent happy with the results. The guy taking them normally does landscape or nature shots. He didnt even get the common sense shots (quarter mile times at the end of our runs). Next time hopefully they will be better!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually just talked to my friend with the GTR and he said he was getting in the 10's the last time he went out. Said he is upgrading the turbos next which will give him 800hp. CRAZY! I feel like my 55 is crazy fast so I cant even imagine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.