Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Install pics start post 37
Here are some pics...Really looks great!
Clearcoated 4 times.

Chrometec also did my door pulls, door handles and door covers and emergency brake handle (see my albums for those)

Installation next week! :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,952 Posts
:smile: Just like a proud parent :smile:

I'm really surprised you're not concerned about driving in public and having to stop for a caffeine fix (parking lots have lots of dangerous characters you know--bmws, fords :surprise: chevs:surprise: :grin: )
=======
In an aside, I'm really going into withdrawal here. It's only Jan 18 and I've got to wait till APRIL before I can even start thinking about getting Schwarzie out of storage.

Every time it snows, I go into the garage for the snowblower, give her a pat and reassure her that "not too much longer, not too much longer" :crying:

edit--sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread :wink:

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,018 Posts
Looking good ...!!

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350
797 Posts
That's one of the best diffusers I've seen! When are you putting it on??
Can't wait to see pictures of the fitting and the finished article.

·
94,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next week, hopefully by Wednesday...hopefully before Wednesday :D

·
94,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought straight from Chrometec

·
94,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Piecha says 'cut'
Chrometec says no cutting. Edit: yes, needs a little cutting of bumper)

·
94,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guess we know what your doing this weekend.
What? :D as mentioned above, c2design, who did all my stuff, will install it next week :D

·
Registered
866 Posts
Is the rear diffuser on the 171 not separate from the rear bumper like the 172? NVM I see. On the 172 it is attached to bumper with 12 push tabs and 4 push pins, no tools required. I would like a direct fit one using OEM mounting points but they are all same cheap Taiwan quality.

·
94,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Is the rear diffuser on the 171 not separate from the rear bumper like the 172? NVM I see. On the 172 it is attached to bumper with 12 push tabs and 4 push pins, no tools required. I would like a direct fit one using OEM mounting points but they are all same cheap Taiwan quality.
The rear diffuser is, to my info, on the r171 55, secured with a few bolts and separate from the bumper.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Well I see Chromtec sells one for mine but looking at the pic and zooming in on the mounting tab I can see where they are just laminating cf to OEM part. Its a nice laminating job I will say, but not worth over $1000 for. I have exact same OEM 55 part that I am thinking about laminating myself but I would first do the 350 OEM diffuser for practice. I have some laminating skills and I think this would be perfect project to hone them on. You need to quit posting all this stuff man, I have more projects now than I can keep up with thanks to all your mod posts:grin: I think Chromtec is a good site for those interested in doing 172 mods as they have more products available for them. I shall post link to this site in the 172 mods section.

·
94,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I see Chromtec sells one for mine but looking at the pic and zooming in on the mounting tab I can see where they are just laminating cf to OEM part. Its a nice laminating job I will say, but not worth over $1000 for. I have exact same OEM 55 part that I am thinking about laminating myself but I would first do the 350 OEM diffuser for practice. I have some laminating skills and I think this would be perfect project to hone them on. You need to quit posting all this stuff man, I have more projects now than I can keep up with thanks to all your mod posts:grin: I think Chromtec is a good site for those interested in doing 172 mods as they have more products available for them. I shall post link to this site in the 172 mods section.
If you send them the part, it is cheaper. Ask Patrick at Chrometec for that option :D

1 - 20 of 99 Posts