Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With apologies to Flosse and the ladies...

My buddy, he drives a Cayman when it's not snowing here in the great white north, but he works all the time too hard! He gives me his invitation to the 2012 Porsche 911 unveiling for March 1st because he's working on other coast. I say thank you - free snacks, free booze, German steel.

But it's also my Betty's 26th wedding anniversary (well 52nd, she is so great I married her twice in three months)! She loves me crazy so she's not mad at me or even my buddy.

I clean up (she always looks so fine) and pick her up at work and we go to Porscheland. First class - guy takes your car and promises to give it back; pretty girl takes your coat and promises to give it back.

I buy her a drink from the free bar and we walk around. Nice black/red 2011 911; another under doily. I buy her many free snacks. Lots of nice ladies and gentlemen that drive Porsches - I tell my Betty I don't know any of them!

Then I see another guy - hey I know him! But he drives an Audi TT; we are like two Jameses Bonds spying on the Porsche world. He did not bring his Betty - she is babysitting their new hound. Our hound is 14 and can almost drive and does not need a babysitter except for cookies.

We finally get to see the 2012. Nice silver, but not red interior like my SLK so not perfect. The man says he is going to give away 10 of them though! Maybe I have a spare in my drive? But they have all been in clothes dryer way too long - very small. Crazy small displacement I figure.

When we leave, we get our coats back. I say thank you, very nice evening but my Betty did not win anything on her anniversary. Nice lady gives her flowers and vase - to keep! Not as nice as roses I gave my Betty, but still nice. But not large Porsche either. We even get our Mazda6 back (nice girl did not believe I had brought white A5 with me).

I think I will keep my Betty another 26yrs!

(sorry folks...I don't speak Flosse fluently yet...but practice practice)

PS Flosse...schokolade ist zZ unterwegs!

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
(pics from the event) my Betty - no Bull!! :tu:

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Bravo !

Well done, my man !

Gene

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Happy anniversary!

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Congrats. I can't describe you how much I enjoyed this post! And BH, really enjoy reading your's as well, only problem is, I only have time to read about half of them.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,295 Posts
Congratulations John! You're a lucky man..best wishes for continued bliss and thanks for sharing the occasion with us.:Beer:

·
Registered
178 Posts
very very belated...

Hey John, didn't see this post until now.... Very very nice post, btw... thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Congrats on 26 blissful years and to another 26+. Though belated, hope you do accept and pass on to your most significant other...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.