Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked her up yesterday! Below is a shameless copy and paste from one of my other forums!

So I have been hunting around for an SLK55 for a while now test drove one back in the summer and wanted one.

I resigned myself to waiting to next year to find one, until a lovely looking example popped up barely 20 miles from where the old man lived. The temptation was too much and went along to have a look, and it was the ideal spec and condition I was looking for.

So the haggling happened and a few days later I popped a deposit down, and yesterday I picked her up.

What a lovely piece of kit she is, the engine is a fantastic piece of work and sounds fantastic. Having to use the paddles to get the most out of her but that is part of the fun.

The brakes are seriously impressive, lovely and progressive and have huge bite.

She feels heavy, plenty of grip available and obviously at the moment I have not got the stones to turn the ESP off!

Air scarf and Harmon Kardon are lovely and I couldn't be happier.

I do still have the Clio 182 Trophy as my daily hack

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,648 Posts
Congrats!!!! do you need a datacard?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Your new 55 looks amazing Big Dave!

Look forward to seeing both it and yourself 'in the flesh' (so to speak) at MB World on 7th Dec :tu: :flag: :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers all,

I need to source a smaller aerial and a COMAND CD to actually make the sat-nav work now.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Congratulations, looks a great example, awesome car :)

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,724 Posts
Hi BigDave

Its all been said , But welcome & you just got to love a 55 that's been looked after , right place right car I love it when a plan comes together LOL

Cheers

Andy
p.s. you ordered your Xpipe yet ??? :rb

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.