Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Can anyone tell me how it is possible to get a SLK 200 on a 2 or 3 year contract lease deal for the same as a 2.0 Sport MX5. List price of SLK £29K however they are coming with leather and auto which means list price would be over £30K as opposed to the 2.0 Open MX5 with a list price of £20K. If you don't believe me google contract car leasing and go to contract hire and leasing and try for yourself. I have had 4 MX5's(mk2.5, mk1, mk3, mk1) and am now driving an SLK. Still love the MX5' but a bit frustrated that they are as expensive as the SLK. It appears you get more for your money with the SLK. I am guessing it is all down to the residuals being so good on the SLK.

Here is my very brief comparison of the SLK compared to the MX5. My comparison below is compared to the Mark3 2.0. Max score in each category 5
Brakes MX5 5 SLK 3
Handling MX5 5 SLK 4
Power MX5 3 SLK 4
Interior MX5 4 SLK 5
Economy MX5 4 SLK 3 (Avg over 6K is 30.5 mpg)
Reliability MX5 5 SLK 5 (Only had the SLK 6 months however so far it has been faultless. Previous MX5 being the Mark 3 2.0 that I had for two years only required petrol and windscreen washer during the entire time I had it. When it come to driving them I would compare the SLK as opposed to the MX5 in a similar manner to comparing the MK3 and a MK1. If you want to go for a quick blast down some twisty roads go for the MX5. If you want to for a driving holiday to the South of the France go for the SLK. As far as I am concerned both of them very good cars. Current thought on next car is probably along the line of if I could get a 2.0 Mk3.5 for around the £200 per month as opposed to £300 I would go for the MX5. However if the cost of the MX5 is the same as the SLK then I will probably go with the SLK again. In saying that I will have to drive the Mk3.5 before I can make up my mind for definite.

Cheers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.