Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not really a kill but it was fun! :D

Watch it on Youtube for more clarity. Ads might be there because I wanted to keep the tunes

·
Super Moderator
11,532 Posts
satisfying tune (B.B. also :wink: )

edit-it just wouldn't load. went direct to youtube-said it wasn't available. Came back here and it did start up.

·
93,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
14,800 Posts
Has anybody told Sergeant Banks yet that the competition is on his heels excuse me...his bumper with a new model coming.:surprise::surprise::grin:

What It Is: The most steroidal colt in Ford’s stable, with a higher number in its name and more power under the hood than any other production Mustang. Ford needs an answer to Dodge’s 707-hp Challenger SRT Hellcat and Chevy’s 650-hp Camaro ZL1.

Why It Matters: Ford needs an answer to Dodge’s 707-hp Challenger SRT Hellcat and Chevy’s 650-hp Camaro ZL1.

Platform: For the first time, a factory Mustang Shelby GT500 will have an independent rear suspension. The rest of the mega-Mustang is less groundbreaking: wider tracks, aerodynamic work, fatter tires. As with the previous GT500, this new model wears an enlarged grille with a big lower intake, and the combined visual effect is of gaping holes. Mostly, that maw—along with other various gashes and vents in the GT500’s bumper and hood—exists to route cool air to the brakes and engine. But it also looks mean as hell.

Powertrain: Those yawning orifices up front aren’t feeding a *hamster on a wheel. A big forced-induction V-8 will gulp air through them. Everyone is expecting a twin-turbocharged Coyote 5.0-liter V-8. That’s certainly a possibility but would surely sacrifice any pretense of efficiency in order to top the old GT500’s 662-hp supercharged 5.8-liter V-8 and the Camaro ZL1’s output, let alone mount a dark-horse effort to usurp the Challenger Hellcat’s horsepower rating.

To that end, we hear Ford is leaning away from EcoBoost and toward a supercharged, larger-displacement version of the Mustang GT’s Coyote. If that sounds a lot like the GT350’s 5.2-liter Voodoo V-8, well, that’s because it would be, albeit with a conventional 90-degree crankshaft in place of the Voodoo’s 180-degree piece, as well as direct fuel injection. Expect both a six-speed manual transmission and a 10-speed automatic co-developed with GM and also used in the ZL1.

Competition: BMW M4, Cadillac ATS-V coupe, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, Mercedes-AMG C63 S coupe.

·
93,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hey Daniel! Post that mustang crap in your own thread! :D

·
93,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have to use strong language with Daniel. It is the only thing he understands

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
nice vid Jeff

here in blighty that's known as an 'undertaking' manoevre. Only permitted in limited situations. Not sure objectionable pony car is in our Highway Code.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Stang

I call that maneuver the "Jersey Pass". Commonly used by NJ drivers when the New Yorkers and Buckeyes won't get out of the left lane. Usually accompanied with a left handed, "Your #1 " salute in classic Jersey fashion.
>:D

Just avoid pulling the same stunts on Cowboys in Diesel Pickups. They don't take kindly to being passed or flipped off. Fortunately not many cowpokes in Flarida, lol.

Irish

·
93,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh there are Cowboys in pickups in Floriduh and they think they can hang but I never pull up behind them and always leave em in the dust

1 - 18 of 18 Posts