Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed we had some guys from the Melbourne area? I'm coming over to Aus for the first time in september for the motorcycle grand prix in philip island. Planning on hiring a camper van and driving down there for the weekend with a friend. Then I'm thinking of getting a car and touring for a week. I don't really want to get more than a days drive from melbourne but what are the best things to go and see? Is there any good scuba close and whats the weather like in sept.. Cheers or Bonza! ;)

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
... Easty, hire a bike (or two (depending on your friend))
(preferably a big BM!!). Aus is brill, scenery wise, (now I get shot) - NZ is far far far better culture-wise - clock forward 12 hours, and back 50 years!! - but, you'll love Aus.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thats a great plan. I may do that mid week while I think my friend will be working. He doesn't ride, and Even a big BM would be too small to get him on the back comfy as he's a big Wigan'r. The ideal would be to have bikes to get down to the Motogp but then we'd have to have tents and all that gear, so I'm looking for a camper hire. I'm in Texas at the moment(this is where I get shot) so Aus is going to be culturaly a breath of fresh air. ;)

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
easty said:
The ideal would be to have bikes to get down to the Motogp but then we'd have to have tents and all that gear, so I'm looking for a camper hire. I'm in Texas at the moment(this is where I get shot) so Aus is going to be culturaly a breath of fresh air. ;)
.. on my LT, I get a 2 person tent, sleeping bags, and self-inflating matresses in one pannier (US=side-bag), then t'other pannier & top box (trunk) for stuff. Bike looks no different if I'm riding down to the Sahara, or popping out to the shops. Above 5mph the LT rocks - handles kike a good 1/2 ton (seriously) sports bike!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I wasn't thinking we couldn't carry all the stuff on a bike. I Meant we don't actually have any stuff. He's only lived there a couple of months and moved over with nothing more than a tooth brush. So I was thinking of the camper van for ready to pick-up and ready to go.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Got a MAP??

Get your camper from a rental place, drive around the corner from Phillip island and have a look at Wilsons promitory. National park.

Take a trip to the High country, East towards Sale, up to Dargo.

Or head back to Meblorne, west to Morningtom Peninsula.

Ferry from Sorrento to Queenscliff and drive along the coast following the Great Ocean road all the way to Warnambool.

Diving off Sorrento in the Heads...

Come into Melbourne and join me for Breakfast on a Sat morning in Middle Park??

Weather COLD and WET

Remember we drive on the LEFT side of the road !!

Bazzle R)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mate, I'll look up some of that stuff.

"Come into Melbourne and join me for Breakfast on a Sat morning in Middle Park??" Maybe could do on the 24th.. ;)

"Remember we drive on the LEFT side of the road !!" I'm english so no problem there. hehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts