Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi well i just cant open the roof no matter what i do so i have to move my seats to get to the rear shelf to check fluid but the problem is my seats wont move so i took the dash apart removed and fixed the relay and i have a moving passenger seat but the drivers seat will not not move for love nor money and cant get to the rear bolts to remove the seat as the seat is as far back as it can go i also dont know how to remove the plastic case that has the switches on to see if theres a way of doing it that way. As you are aware im new to this site and im also crap with forums and computer related stuff so please stop demanding i move posts as im as thick as they come and i have a head injury so im not like you ok thanks .Matt

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,223 Posts
Sorry for your issues
no one demands. we are here to help if you do not realize it yet
even to getting you your free gift
You can't move posts/threads
Only a moderator can and will and then inform you by private message where it was moved to.
A moderator is also a private message away if you have any questions about our helpful and friendly forum

·
97,223 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks but my seat will not move its stuck right back and i cannot access the bolts is there a manual overide or some other way?

·
97,223 Posts
others will reply
if a seat is stuck, probably because cabling has caught on something under there

·
97,223 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well my seats are electric and theres no power to drivers seat so i cannot move it and ive repaired the relay and only the other seat works now but drivers is dead right back.

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,524 Posts
Have you checked the fuses? there are separate fuses for right & left seats.
the fuses are in the engine compartment
Component Locations f1
im not sure if the fuses are on the right side in the UK.

·
97,223 Posts
electric seats have wires to provide power, no? :D
so i meant to look under there and see if the power wires are 'disconnected'

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Muskey,

Check fuses 21 and 22 under the hood (bonnet for you :) )

In the USA spec R170, these are the left and right side power seat adjustment fuses that use 30A green blade automotive fuses.
If you have a GB spec R170 the fuse diagram shows 21 and 22 as (spare) so I cannot be sure if these two fuses exist for your car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi did that and checked with multi meter and no power to 2 pin plug but 5v to 4 pin plug strange, but nothing at all from 2 pin like i said and these are the wired plugs that come out of the floor

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
hi well i just cant open the roof no matter what i do so i have to move my seats to get to the rear shelf to check fluid but the problem is my seats wont move so i took the dash apart removed and fixed the relay and i have a moving passenger seat but the drivers seat will not not move for love nor money and cant get to the rear bolts to remove the seat as the seat is as far back as it can go i also dont know how to remove the plastic case that has the switches on to see if theres a way of doing it that way. As you are aware im new to this site and im also crap with forums and computer related stuff so please stop demanding i move posts as im as thick as they come and i have a head injury so im not like you ok thanks .Matt
You do not need the seats out, the fluid reservoir is in the boot right hand side, there should be an access panel if you remove it you will see the pump, and the white plastic fluid container which has the fluid levels on the side.

Gòod luck with the seats.

Regards Stuart

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Stuart thanks for the info i saw a you tube clip which had a resevoir behind the seats it must of been another model so because of that i thought that was where it was thank you. Matt

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
Hi Stuart thanks for the info i saw a you tube clip which had a resevoir behind the seats it must of been another model so because of that i thought that was where it was thank you. Matt
Morning Matt, you could do with a copy of the owners handbook , you can find one here https://www.mercsections.com/docs/slk/
scroll down the page till you get to your year then download and extract the handbook, if your not up to speed on computers get someone to do it for you, then save it somewhere like my documents so its easy to find.

Regards Stuart

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi all thanks for all the advise it was great and the fuse was apart of the solution but closer inspection of the plug under the seat had come unclipped and one of the wires wasnt sat in it properly which probably blew the fuse but all fixed now thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.