Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Well guys, its time for me to say goodbye to Florida after ten wonderful years. For family reasons, I'll be relocating back to my hometown of Los Angeles next month, after the Spring Meet. It's going to be difficult knowing I won't be able to attend any of the Florida SLK meets that I had grown accustomed to twice a year, but I look forward to running with the SoCal SLK group when I am all settled in out there.

Things I will miss about Florida after I move to California:

• In Florida, you can tint your side windows
  • In Florida, you don't need to drill holes in your front bumper for a front license plate
  • In Florida, you don't need to revert your exhaust back to stock to pass a smog check
  • In Florida, you can maintain speed for more than 5 seconds without having to brake while on the highway due to traffic.
  • Florida has Marykay & Family, Jbanks15, and all the other top-notch, enthusiastic and wonderful group members whom I have had the absolute pleasure of meeting over the years, helping us create this wonderful group.
Things I will NOT miss about Florida once I move to California:

• The hot and humid summers that make top down driving complete torture
  • Swerving to miss hitting fresh roadkill
  • Love Bugs
  • Threat of Hurricanes
  • Alligators or Crocodiles or Manatees whatever the heck they are called here
  • Rednecks

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,493 Posts
Sorry to see you go Jae!. Now I can clean my car in peace! :D :D

·
96,493 Posts
Don't forget, you're bringing me a complimentary car buffer to remove black swirl marks :D :D

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,446 Posts
And I thought you where thinking of a move to Seattle. You are really going to enjoy the good people in the California SLK groups. I try to get down that way once a year for a chance to meet up with friends again as well as a weekend filled with drives.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome to southern California.

·
96,493 Posts
He's your problem now Dr Eddy!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,516 Posts
sniff...sob...tears...blow nose:crying::crying:

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,838 Posts
Mmmmmm, shame really, as LosAngelesJae just doesn't have the same ring to it. :smile:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I don't think Cali requires a front plate. Sunhilde arrived in Oregon without one, and with a smooth bumper that had never been drilled for a plate fixture. Oregon requires one, so I got an adapter from GMG Motorsports (www.gominigo) that uses the front tow lug receptacle. I'd advise you to go that route if you have to fit the front plate when you arrive out here on the Left Coast.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome to the area.

I don't think Cali requires a front plate. Sunhilde arrived in Oregon without one, and with a smooth bumper that had never been drilled for a plate fixture.
Technically, a front plate is required, but enforcement varies by area. In general, you can get away without a front plate in OC, but generally not in LA. I use a towhook mount for the front plate if I go to LA, especially LAX.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Florida's loss, our gain! Looking forward to seeing you again, Jae.
Hey durk! long time no see! Yes looking forward to seeing you guys again. Definitely a tremendous difference in driving terrain out in SoCal than here in FL. But the people are the same wherever I go, SLK owners are always a classy bunch.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I will be making the move within the next year or so and will be excited to meet up with you along with all the other CA SLK owners I have hung out with before.

Shame you chose the wrong end of the state though! ;p

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Welcome to California, Jae. I lived in the Tampa area as a kid. Our California droughts suck for many reasons but the dry air is great for top down driving and life without bugs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts