Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I've got some info concerning the Motorola hands free system that I had put in my SLK. The system is a Motorola IHF 1000 Premium Speech-Operated Car Kit with Bluetooth Wireles Technology. If you do a search on the Internet you can get a pretty good idea of what it's all about. I've seen the kit priced for about $180 USD. I am very happy with the way it has performed so far. Works wonderfully with the pre-wiring in my SLK. The system seems to work very well with my new Blackberry Pearl 8100 cellular phone. Sound quality is very good. System has multiple language capabilities (English, French, German, Italian). See the website below for additional features.

I was going to post a couple of pictures until I found out the computer that I am using doesn't support the camera. Will try and rectify that problem over the next couple of days.

The following is one website that gives some info on the system:
http://www.cellup.com/cellular-accessory-98676.html

Sorry, but I am not much of an installation genius. A friend of mine did it for me. He does that kind of stuff for a living and said it is real easy. I would never attempt a project like that but, I'm sure some of you out there would think the install would be a piece of cake!!!

Hope this gives those who are interested an idea of what this system will do and for a fairly reasonable price. Just a suggestion from a very happy NEW SLK owner!

Here's to lots of top down driving weather for us all! :Beer:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu: Chris, thanks for the Bluetooth update that you promised. Photos at a later date would be appreciated. Question, your statement: "I am very happy with the way it has performed so far. Works wonderfully with the pre-wiring in my SLK". Did your installer actually use the SLK pre-wiring when installing the Motorola system? Thanks for the info. How many miles do you have on the 2007 SLK 55? Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Motorola hands free

Chris, very good post, I am definately interested a hands free system, Is the one you had installed a direct plug in and how difficult was it to install. Pictures would be great.

Thanks RL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.