Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2011 SLK350
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you guys advise me if a 2000 slk230 has interior motion sensors??.
You can try by sitting in the car and alarming it and waving at the interior mirror.
Mine dont seem to work after changing the dome light assy,But i,m not sure if the slk has that feature.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It's not a feature I'm aware of on the R170.

Was there anything in the assy that made you think there are motion sensors?

·
Registered 2011 SLK350
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There seems a long PCB there.But i noticed there were 4 wires to it but on the loom that goes into the head lining there are only 3.
I,ve only noticed this possible fault and i dont know if the slk ever had motion sensors.
Is it possible that the said board is linked to the key for unlocking/immobileser //

Just had a thought if the said board is programed to the key wouldnt i have to get it linked to the key???
I just swapped out the complete dome lamp and the locking works fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have the US spec car and the dome light assy is different... it has the tele-aid and the microphone. I will try to look for the wiring schemes and parts locations, but I think the PCB is for the dome light control, i.e. timer, dimmer and son on. Hope to have the time to look for more info.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey racall,

Sorry for the delay mate, but I had a very busy week and didn't have the time to look for the info.

I have looked through schematics and info and found no indication of presence of motion sensors linked to the Anti-Theft Alarm. As for the Remote control locking, on the R170, it is only an RF and not infrared, and the electronics are not located in the overhead dome light, that's why yours is still working after changing the dome lamp. I'm not sure what that circuitry we see in your pic is for and what those black LEDs are for. (They are LEDs, correct?)

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, maybe someone else on the forum could provide more info.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.