Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,468 Posts
Mine is due next month along with a B service. So is it to be assumed that if taking it in, this would be classed as unnecessary travel?

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,451 Posts
It's only been postponed (similar to here for renewals) not cancelled so it's only delaying the inevitable.

Do it as scheduled (if driving is permissible & if parts avail) to avoid the future crowds IMO.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is due next month along with a B service. So is it to be assumed that if taking it in, this would be classed as unnecessary travel?
Mine was due service today. Postponed.
Garage open, MB parts supplier is not.

Some MB dealers are open, some are not.

·
5,830 Posts
My car is due for its annual service on 6th April and I have an appointment at the main dealer. I want to postpone but Main Dealer is not answering phone.

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,466 Posts
Well some bright spark in the DOT was trying to extend the MOT to two years anyway...?
Presumably because our UK car are maintained to such a high standard (Not).... !! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK55 AMG
1,782 Posts
Who’s your main Dealer Martin? Sytners has closed all dealerships. We had the Smart serviced and MoT’d last week and picked it up Saturday. Then Sytners emailed us to say they would be closing but would complete any outstanding work, then Monday following Govt. announcement they just shut. Any cars in for service or MoT are trapped there!
I feel sorry for their owners....
TonyS

·
5,830 Posts
Who’s your main Dealer Martin? Sytners has closed all dealerships. We had the Smart serviced and MoT’d last week and picked it up Saturday. Then Sytners emailed us to say they would be closing but would complete any outstanding work, then Monday following Govt. announcement they just shut. Any cars in for service or MoT are trapped there!
I feel sorry for their owners....
TonyS
Tony the Dealers are Jardines.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK55 AMG
1,782 Posts
Jardines....I bought my first SLK from them in Ipswich, very helpful and got invited to two fab AMG experience days. Drove both SLS models, fabulous!
I’m sure you’ve seen this Martin?
TonyS

·
5,830 Posts
Jardines....I bought my first SLK from them in Ipswich, very helpful and got invited to two fab AMG experience days. Drove both SLS models, fabulous!
I’m sure you’ve seen this Martin?
TonyS
Hello Tony. I had seen this but just wanted to clarify with them that they were not expecting me. I got a call from them at lunchtime to confirm the postponing of my appointment. Stay safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts