1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Nice - I've seen that list from years past, and it seems like the SL has been there for a while!

Nice to see that AMG owners are getting good use of their cars!?

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Those arrogant MB drivers....

Leading the pack as the "most ticketed" vehicle is this expensive and very fast convertible. “The Mercedes-Benz SL is the classic real-housewives' car,” says Marty Padgett. “At this pay grade, who worries about getting tickets, anyway? There's always a deep pocket to pay them.”

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
I think it's a conspiracy!

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Maybe SLK drivers have more common sense! Based on court reports in our newspaper and my conversations with a local state trooper, unsafe driving infractions make up the bulk of tickets. No seat belt and failure to observe traffic control devices out number speeding tickets 10 to 1 in the village news.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here in New Zealand where the speed limit is 100 kilometers per hour being caught at anything over 180 kilometers per hour means you lose your license, no questions asked.
Anything under that is just a (BIG) fine, and some demerit points, unless they can also get you for dangerous driving, which once again will most likely see you lose your license. It's always best to exercise some caution...

·
Registered
80 Posts
"Eight of the top ten cautious vehicles were SUVs or minivans"

That is interesting at the very least...I expected to see a minivan and the Toyota Corolla S in this list, around here that's about 50 % of the cars i see doing reckless stuff...i guess it depends on where you live.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
SLk drivers commonly drive with limits :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
I drive fast (but safe), and I've never been ticketed for anything in either of my SLKs.

I guess I hurt our chances at making that top 10 list... Maybe SLK drivers like myself are just too stealthy or smart about the whole thing :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.