Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been made a lot of magnificent looking cars since Carl Benz patented the first one in 1886. But what is Your opinion? Which car is the most beautiful of all? Not the most powerful, intimidating or fastest round the track. But the ones You rest Your eyes on, and not find a single spot to improve. Perfection.

I have my favourites:

From the 30’s.
The MB 500K. Its hard to believe this car was made almost 80 years ago. And yes, the K spells Kompressor. What a stunning beauty:

From the 50’s.
The Porsche 356, What a simple, yet so beautiful car this is:

The MB 300SL roadster. No, I did not choose the gullwing. Although it deserves a place here as well. But the roadster is the most beautiful car of the two. And perhaps the most beautiful car ever?

Recent:
I'm among friends here, so.. Well aint she a beauty:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
It's the current CL for me ... and it's not just because I got to do the vertical wall at the Unterturkheim test track in one.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,468 Posts
Holly Homer so many good looking cars i have to say they are all awesome. The 500k is a beauty by itself. The only thing thats missing next 2 the car Marlene Dietrich.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,468 Posts
Simon is that a flat tire on the left front the car knees abit ? I also have to agree with you the W126 and the W107 have been the cherries in the 80th,s for Mb. Built solid great resale price and you still see them on the road today. And yes very little computer stuff in the car. A radio was a radio that you tuned yourself and yes back than no Gps and other electronic stuff. You as a driver controlled that flight.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Berliner...I don't know. I don't even know who's car that is. I didn't post a picture so someone must have provided it. I need to put a picture of mine...100 times better than the one posted.

I agree with you. Mine is pre 86 so no electronics just simplicity. The car starts the first time every time, everything and I mean everything works, every light illuminates, etc. etc. The transmission shifts exactly when you feel it in your gut and the ride is smooth as anything.

My dreams of "the right car" came true when I got that car

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Hi Simon, I put a picture of a W126 in there, just so people know what it looks like - why not post up a pic of yours, then we can replace it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Woolly: Aston Martin has made some stunning cars. And a few not so pretty (Lagonda). But I agree totally with Your choice of the DB4 Zagato. It belongs up there.

GeeJay: Dino and Miura are truly some of the best looking italian cars.
I could also mension the Alfa Romeo 8c Competizione:

Another Alfa, the Stradale 33. Oh yeah!

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Left to right:

Porsche CGT, Lambo Reventon, MB SLR :tu:
All great choices,

Here are some of my favorites, too many to list.

Porsche GT3RS

Pagani Zonda Cinque

Ferrari Scuderia

lamborghini gallardo superleggera

Porsche 918 Spyder

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.