Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
July 4th 2010: SuperCar Sunday in Woodland Hills, CA. Saw Alansglide (Alan) there and met some great vintage SL owners (I posted the photos of their cars in the R107 section of the forum.

Here are some other pics from SuperCar Sunday:

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more photo I couldn't squeeze into the first set: a very rare Qvale, interesting looks too!

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool pix. Is that your R170 to the left of the Qvale?
Indeed it is my SLK32 (with show quality OEM Xenon headlights!!) parked next to the Qvale. I was in another area when the Qvale pulled up, and I never saw the driver while I stayed at the show. So, I wasn't able to get the story on Qvale. Kinda curious if it was imported from another country, or just a very rare US spec import.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Indeed it is my SLK32 (with show quality OEM Xenon headlights!!) parked next to the Qvale. I was in another area when the Qvale pulled up, and I never saw the driver while I stayed at the show. So, I wasn't able to get the story on Qvale. Kinda curious if it was imported from another country, or just a very rare US spec import.
They were all made in Italy, but most of them were actually sold in the US :Beer:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's funny, you posted a pic of my car :tu:. (and you didn't say it was ugly like a lot of people do :()
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry I didn't get to meet you in person on July 4th, but thanks for the info on your Qvale! It is the first and only one I have ever seen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry I didn't get to meet you in person on July 4th, but thanks for the info on your Qvale! It is the first and only one I have ever seen.
Hi thanks. No problem, I'm there almost every Sun, so maybe you will see me again later. If I succeed in finding a SLK55 (or a few other options), then the Qvale will have to go away :(.

·
Registered
351 Posts
UpDate...

An update to an older thread:

Sad to see that Mr. Kjell Qvale has passed away. A very real American Success Story.

Very interesting video here:

Looking at the Qvale Mangusta - you have to believe that a large part of it was built from parts of the SLK. Although quite different. Switches, marker lights, grill - but a far better design of the center console and full instrumentation in the dash.. The rear deck lid seal even looks familiar. I like the very small 2+2 configuration - as it would allow the seat back to recline more.

Here is a walk around video that shows most of the car.

There is a lot to like about this little roadster..

FWIW,
Carl B.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for posting the news, I had not heard about his passing until I read it here. He had a longer & more interesting life than most people could ever hope for. RIP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts