Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright. about a week ago I got P0410 and the car started to misfire and run bad, I changed out the shut off valve today and erased the codes. started the car up and it is still misfiring, now showing codes P0300 random misfire, and P0302 cylinder 2 misfire.

the P0410 code is not showing up now so I guess the shut off valve took care of that. would the check valve have anything to do with that and not show a code? I got it on order!
I pulled the K40 and everything looks good. sprayed it down with electronics cleaner and reinstalled. still misfiring.

what to look at next???:confused:

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
I had misfire codes when ever i would get into the throttle, my car would go into limp mode shortly after. It took me some time to figure out that the problem was the CPS. I replaced the part last year with no further codes. I woudl do a search on the cps before you start replacing parts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. looking a vids now on youtube. getting some ideas on where to start. its seems misfires cover a lot of areas. fuel filter, fuel pressure, coil packs and wires, vaccum lines. this is gonna hurt,,,,LOL

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
That is correct it may be any one of those parts, the most common cause is cps, fuel filter. You can always swap the coil packs around and see if the misfire moves to a different cycl. That will tell you if its a coil pack or not.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is correct it may be any one of those parts, the most common cause is cps, fuel filter. You can always swap the coil packs around and see if the misfire moves to a different cycl. That will tell you if its a coil pack or not.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

OK just did the coil swap and yes the misfire has moved. went from #2 cylinder to #4 cylinder! should I replace both as they are most likely to be original from 2000?
also which cylinder is whick? from front to back how are they numbered?

also went hunting some more for vac leaks and found the MAP sensor vac line was totally ruined and split off the bottom of the sensor, that should fix the code for that I hope. looks like I will need to go through all the vac lines!

I think a wiring harness will be in the future. I can't touch most of the connectors without the tabs breaking off, its very very brittle under the hood.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I'd only replace the coil pack that's bad. #1 is in the front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.