Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was followed this afternoon down the A3 for about 15 miles by a black R171. I then travelled along the A272 and flashed or waved at a silver R170, a silver R171 and a gray R172. Nothing. nada. Zilch.

I passed a red MX5 with the roof down and waves were exchanged!

Then, on the penultimate leg, down the M3 from Winchester, I followed a de-badged, lid less R172 for about 10 miles or so. He kept up a healthy pace all the way until we parted ways at the M27.

90 miles, five SLKs. Not a bad spot.

No carding though. Too fast. Too furious.

Sent from my phone while my back was turned.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,246 Posts

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350
800 Posts
@savcom We must have almost passed each other 😄
We were out on the A3 today returning from a very nice 3hr drive around Surrey hills area - top down naturally 😄

·
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@savcom We must have almost passed each other 😄
We were out on the A3 today returning from a very nice 3hr drive around Surrey hills area - top down naturally 😄
We were heading down the A3 around half one. I'm heading back later on this evening.

·
Banned
974 Posts
I was followed this afternoon down the A3 for about 15 miles by a black R171. I then travelled along the A272 and flashed or waved at a silver R170, a silver R171 and a gray R172. Nothing. nada. Zilch.

I passed a red MX5 with the roof down and waves were exchanged!

Then, on the penultimate leg, down the M3 from Winchester, I followed a de-badged, lid less R172 for about 10 miles or so. He kept up a healthy pace all the way until we parted ways at the M27.

90 miles, five SLKs. Not a bad spot.

No carding though. Too fast. Too furious.

Bournemouth born & resident till 1972 that looks like the car park in the Purbecks that overlooks Tyneham (out of sight to the right of the picture) with Kimmeridge over the ridge in the distance. For nearly 20 years having driven from Sussex it's our lunch stop after overnighting at The Miramar Hotel Bournemouth, Sandbanks ferried to Swanage, coffee at Durleston castle & browsed Corfe Castle & the railway station first. A well worn well loved routine for I miss Darling Dorset so much. Fist went to the lost village of Tyneham in the 1950's well before it became known to those outside the area.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG
353 Posts
Bournemouth born & resident till 1972 that looks like the car park in the Purbecks that overlooks Tyneham (out of sight to the right of the picture) with Kimmeridge over the ridge in the distance. For nearly 20 years having driven from Sussex it's our lunch stop after overnighting at The Miramar Hotel Bournemouth, Sandbanks ferried to Swanage, coffee at Durleston castle & browsed Corfe Castle & the railway station first. A well worn well loved routine for I miss Darling Dorset so much. Fist went to the lost village of Tyneham in the 1950's well before it became known to those outside the area.
Tried to get to Tyneham a couple of times recently ( a few years ago). But although we managed to use the road from Corfe to Lulworth which is excellent. The turnoff to Tyneham was always closed ! So still haven't been :(

·
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! Well spotted, @oldmercman That is indeed the area the photo was taken in, although I parked in the car park on Grange Hill and I suspect the car park you mention is slightly further along. Lovely spot; lovely drive and a beautiful part of the world.

Attachments

·
Banned
974 Posts
Tyneham

Tried to get to Tyneham a couple of times recently ( a few years ago). But although we managed to use the road from Corfe to Lulworth which is excellent. The turnoff to Tyneham was always closed ! So still haven't been :(
Google is your friend here for opening times.
I suspect that it's open throughout August, certainly most summer week-ends. when the army take time off from shooting things.
Walk down to Warbarrow Bay when do make it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts