Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what's people's thoughts on -

Getting a LSD fitted?
I get sick of the car traction kicking in so this should be a good thing to do.

Getting the suspension lowered and by how much?
I think it will look better slighlty lower.

And finally strut braces? I know I don't use it as a race car, but looking for more stability. The Audi TT we have is so sturdy, I know it's 4x4 but looking for more of a solid ride. I know you can fit a front strut across the engine. But where does the back one go, under the body or would you lose boot space?

Does anyone have any of the above?

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just wondering what's people's thoughts on -

Getting a LSD fitted?
I get sick of the car traction kicking in so this should be a good thing to do.

Getting the suspension lowered and by how much?
I think it will look better slighlty lower.

And finally strut braces? I know I don't use it as a race car, but looking for more stability. The Audi TT we have is so sturdy, I know it's 4x4 but looking for more of a solid ride. I know you can fit a front strut across the engine. But where does the back one go, under the body or would you lose boot space?

Does anyone have any of the above?

Cheers in advance.
The Wiechers strut brace fits across the engine as you said mounted to the strut towers. The rear (from this company) bolts to the to top of the rear shocks in the trunk. The problem is you can't take your roof down without removing the brace.

Good luck with the LSD install.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The Wiechers strut brace fits across the engine as you said mounted to the strut towers. The rear (from this company) bolts to the to top of the rear shocks in the trunk. The problem is you can't take your roof down without removing the brace.

Good luck with the LSD install.
That's good to know, so the rear one is out of the question. May get a front one. Think it does more than the back one from what I've read.
Have you had any dealings with installing a LSD?

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts