Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In addition to some mechanical things I've had done, these are the cosmetic modifications I have done myself to Ruby ('98 SLK 230 Kompressor):

Replaced the headliner
Upgraded headlights to Spyder halos
Replaced the wheel center caps
Re-coated all bumpers
Painted interior dash & console
Ordered new sport grill (should be here soon!)

Since my wheels are 16" staggered, it is pricey to replace. I'm considering just having the current ones powder coated with a chrome-like finish this winter.

What else do you suggest I do in preparation for her 20th birthday in 2018?

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,085 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff, that's an idea....I hadn't thought of all the things I could CF until I looked at that thread. I'm inspired....that could be dangerous!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,085 Posts
Check my cf album in my profile :D

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
+1 for SmartTop :tu:

CF can become quite addictive once you start... as Jeff says, check out his album! :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Could go for a different gearstick in full black with leds in the numbers to match the orange interior lights.

The byproduct of this is if you drive with your side lights or headlights on all the time the gearstick will illuminate but also it acts as a hand warmer :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
In addition to some mechanical things I've had done, these are the cosmetic modifications I have done myself to Ruby ('98 SLK 230 Kompressor):

Replaced the headliner
Upgraded headlights to Spyder halos
Replaced the wheel center caps
Re-coated all bumpers
Painted interior dash & console
Ordered new sport grill (should be here soon!)

Since my wheels are 16" staggered, it is pricey to replace. I'm considering just having the current ones powder coated with a chrome-like finish this winter.

What else do you suggest I do in preparation for her 20th birthday in 2018?
I suggest smart top and aftermarket pioneer single din radio where you can match the amber backlight

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does have an upgraded stereo already. I didn't list it, since I didn't install it. It has a Kenwood with Bose speakers. Love the sound system!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New Grill!

The new grill arrived! It took me about 15 minutes to remove the old one and install this one. Since the old one had cracks near the bolts, it was barely hanging on. So this was more than just a cosmetic improvement. It was necessary (I'm justifying, I know!).

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.