Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello hello!
After remapping and changing the pulleys (Kleeman) on my AMG 3.2 I am fancying another mod or two.
I have heard that the E55 Y-Pipe will give 'up to 25 BHP' more.... is this actually true and will 25 bhp be realised or is the figure wildly optimistic?
The exhaust headers seem to increase power too, but seem hard to come by.
Does anyone have knowledge of the figure that would be accomplished by doing these two jobs AND regrinding the cams for 'fast road' use?
I like a good tune up, but dont want to waste my time and money if the whole lot will not give much of a gain. If it adds up to 40 to 60 HP then that would be a big temptation.
Has anyone out there done all this stuff? If you have, please post!
Have a nice day from Ric. :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Are you seriously considering re-grinding a cam? Or did you mean looking for a more aggressive cam profile to suit your driving style.

Headers (if you could find any for an SLK) and removing the cats would probably be the cheapest way of improving performance. Low restriction air filters? I'm not up on all the new digital improvements, perhaps search remapping?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Fleiger,
I have fiddled around with cams on other machines. I don't mind regrinds
But Kleeman do a replacement. I won't pull them out unless its really worth it.
The ECU is remapped already, btw, and I have KN filters.
Asking if you knew Clive really was a long shot! He flies for Emirates.

Jon... I am really new here so I can't tell if you are pulling my leg?
Best wishes to all, R.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think that opening the breathing will give you bang for the buck. More air in; intake filter, throttle body, headers, high flow cats and free flow exhaust. You will need a "tune" to get the most out of the mods, or course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts