Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new member here.

I have a 2017 SLC250d and would like to mount a mobile phone on the dash somewhere but am struggling to find a suitable mount and mounting place.

I've looked at the Brodit Proclip but the ad for it shows it fitting an SLK and the dash on my SLC looks to be a little different and too tight for the clip to press between the panels.

What solutions have other members used please?

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,495 Posts
The Brodit clips specifically for R172 will fit just fine! I used to have one in my car but unfortunately it got broken. Was getting around to ordering another one.

They come with a plastic wedge which can be used to gently open trim gaps if necessary. I don’t recall it being required when I fitted my last one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Brodit clips specifically for R172 will fit just fine! I used to have one in my car but unfortunately it got broken. Was getting around to ordering another one.

They come with a plastic wedge which can be used to gently open trim gaps if necessary. I don’t recall it being required when I fitted my last one.
Col, thanks for the reply.

Please can you confirm that the SLK-model Brodit clips fit the SLC model?

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,495 Posts
Col, thanks for the reply.

Please can you confirm that the SLK-model Brodit clips fit the SLC model?

Many thanks.
The changes to the centre console cover are minimal between SLK and SLC mostly cosmetic changes. The Brodit mount clips into the radio trim gap on one side and into the panel gap between the console cover and the console base. I’m certain that the interface points are unchanged.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,350 Posts
Hi all, new member here.

I have a 2017 SLC250d and would like to mount a mobile phone on the dash somewhere but am struggling to find a suitable mount and mounting place.

I've looked at the Brodit Proclip but the ad for it shows it fitting an SLK and the dash on my SLC looks to be a little different and too tight for the clip to press between the panels.

What solutions have other members used please?

Many thanks.
I have invested a tidy sum buying, installing/trying out phone chargers on my SLK. I am on #4 set, and using the POWR unit (Link here) It is OK, but not great. It does the job but it is mounted on top of the dash and allows good visibility. I will give it a tepid recommendation.... You do receive a vent-clip or dash-mount. You choose which option you want..

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts