Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been all over town: 2 walmarts, o'rielys, autozone, etc and cannot find any of the approved Mobil One oils. All that are on the shelves are the standard, the 75,000 high mileage and the Super 5000. This is the first time I have gone looking for oil since I do not normally change it myself. Is there a shortage or does my market not sell enough to stock M and EU formulas? Anyone else having problems finding the approved formulas? Thanks

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
I usually order 1-2 cases from Amazon.com

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
846 Posts
Typically a bit difficult to find especially at discounters. You may want to ask Exxon customer service and they will let you know who carries the EU formula in Atlanta.

I prefer Mobil One but if you get too frustrated in your search there are a lot of 229 certified oils now and I can also recommend Shell. And of course if you are spending too much time and money in your search there is always the MB dealer.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. So everybody here that talks about picking it up at walmart, are they just using whatever Mobil One is on the shelf? Based on what I have read on here, I thought it would be a slam dunk to walk into walmart and get what I needed :td: thanks for the other options

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
6,030 Posts
My son has ordered it from local auto parts stores if it is not in stock. Walmart "sometimes" has it. Hard to get there, though. Although I did get 2 gallons a while back from Walmart for around $25 a gallon. Must have been just lucky.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mobil [email protected] WalMart

Check WalMart. Com if the store doesn't have it in stock. You can order it and receive within a couple of days. Notify dept. manager and they will keep some on stock for you. Thank you for shopping my Walmart. R)

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
TODAY ONLY at Pep Boys: $5 per quart of Mobil 1 0W40 (individual quart bottles) limit 12 quarts per transaction, but no limit on how many transactions per individual.
I bought 3 cases (6 quarts per case); the person behind me bought 78 quarts or 13 cases! and he doesn't own a service shop, just 2 cars. I forgot to ask what type of vehicles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.