Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found Mobil 1 0w40 European blend in 5 qt. Jug at Pep Boys. ($39.47)
Hopefully soon at Walmart as they are usually cheaper.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
I've never seen the 5 qt jug at the WalMarts around here, but I have found the individual quarts for ~$6.50 each. I usually have to make two trips, as they only have 4-5 of them out at a time. Of course I only change the oil once or twice a year, so it's not that much of a problem. I'll have to look at Pep Boys the next time I treat myself to a visit to Harbor Freight, as they are right next door.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I've never seen the 5 qt jug at the WalMarts around here, but I have found the individual quarts for ~$6.50 each. I usually have to make two trips, as they only have 4-5 of them out at a time. Of course I only change the oil once or twice a year, so it's not that much of a problem. I'll have to look at Pep Boys the next time I treat myself to a visit to Harbor Freight, as they are right next door.
Car parts and tools, next to each other... now THAT would be convenient :Beer:

In Indy, it's ~$9 qt for M1 0w-40, unless an "oil change special" is on...

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Car parts and tools, next to each other... now THAT would be convenient :Beer:

In Indy, it's ~$9 qt for M1 0w-40, unless an "oil change special" is on...
As I have gotten older my simple pleasures have become simpler. I love just wandering around Harbor Freight with nothing special in mind. I usually leave with a few neat toys in my pocket, and many for my SLK. I have bought metric and torx sockets and drivers, mini torx drivers for the center console, socket extensions, and on and on. The last time I went by I just wandered over to PEP Boys and had a similar good time. Lots of car care items, etc. Life is good :)

If you're ever passing by Cleveland,TN stop by the Walmart on Paul Huff Parkway (2 miles east of I-75 Exit 27). They have Mobil 1 0W-40 almost every time, and most of the other WalMarts around here don't stock it. Like I said, only in quart bottles, but for less than $7 it's a good deal. It usually costs me $75 or so to do an oil change. I take those savings and use them to pay the dealer to do the things I'm not comfortable taking the risk on doing myself, like transmission fluids and filters, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.